Chapter Twenty One|| People Person

This is Aurora's Costume before we get started :)

{Aurora's POV}

When I woke my head was on Jackson's chest and I felt his arms wrapped around my waist. He was fast asleep and I took a moment to just take it all in. This wonderful, respectful man is my mate. Forever and always. We were destined to be together and I honestly couldn't be happier.

For years I ran and I hid. I shielded myself from the outside worlds and the risk that was within it. I never had a true home, but now I know where my home is. Where ever Jackson is, and for some reason I felt it was the same for him. These past months for me were life changing. Here I was thinking that i'd never love again, or I'd never find a home or family again.

Before I realized it, my hand was tracing the contour of his cheek. I went to pull it away when his darted up catching mine, startling me.

"Don't stop." He said with his eyes still closed and I chuckled.

"You're a dork." I said moving my hand from his and sitting up as he groaned in protest.

"It was relaxing." He mumbled.

"Too bad." I said but in reality I was slightly embarrassed he caught me.

That seemed so... flirtatious of me. Im never the mushy gushy type. What has gotten into me?

"What time is it?" He asked and I looked over.

"Ten." He sighed and finally opened his eyes.

"I got a bit for I need to go to my office and finish paperwork." He said and reached over pulling my arm causing me to fly back to his chest.

"Jackson." I groaned and he chuckled in response.

"Just a few more minutes." He said and I rolled my eyes and gave in laying my head onto his chest.

"I like this." He said, "I mean mornings like this." He added and I smiled.

"Me too." I replied.

"Guess what is in two days." Jackson said.

"I don't know, what is?"

"You didn't even try." He retorted.

"Because I don't know." I bit back and his chest rumbled with laughter.

"It's Halloween." He replied and I groaned.

"Halloween is boring." I said and he let out a fake gasp.

"Not when you throw the best Halloween parties there is." He replied and I looked up at him.

"You throw Halloween parties?" He cocked an eyebrow.

"Are you saying I can't throw a Halloween party?" He asked and I shook my head.

"No, I'm saying you're not fun." I replied with a smirk and he scoffed.