Chapter Nineteen|| I can't think straight

{Aurora's POV}

We walked into the room with a freshly clean Isabelle and some men were lined up by the far wall of Jackson's office.

"Are any of these men the man you saw?" Jackson asked her and she looked around meekly.

"No." She said and his brows furrowed.

"Are you sure?" He asked and she nodded.

"He wasn't from our pack. One day he had a symbol on his jacket. He was in a uniform." She said and Jackson sighed giving me a knowing look.

"Was it a symbol that contained a red paw?" He asked and she thought about it and nodded.

"Yeah... and it had these thr-"

"Three claw marks. It's the War pack. I need to get in touch with Mason as soon as possible." Jackson turned towards the men, "You're free to go." They all nodded and shuffled from the room.

Jackson was already at his desk with his phone in hand.

I turned to Isabelle as he made the call and gave her a small smile not knowing what to do. I was never a people person.

After awhile he was finally off the phone.

"We'll meet with Mason and Ryker tomorrow. We'll need to leave before nightfall to get there on time." My eyes widened slightly.

"We?" I asked.

"Yes... you are my mate. I would like you to accompany me to the meeting." He said and I looked down at my hands.

"Do you not want to go?" He asked and I slowly shook my head.

"Not really. Im just not comfortable with everything yet, especially not a meeting with the alphas." I looked up to meet his eyes and he reluctantly nodded.

"I understand. I will go alone then. Make sure you stay here while I'm gone. No wandering. I just will feel better knowing you're here. I'll have my beta stay in a spare room and he can make sure everything goes smoothly." I nodded.

"Thank you." He gave me a short nod and turned to Isabelle.

"You can also stay in a spare room here for safety reasons. I don't want you leaving either, alright?" She nodded and he walked to me and placed a kiss on my forehead.

"Im going to go pack, please show her to a room."

"No problem." He gave me a small wink before heading to the door and leaving.

"How'd you meet him?" Isabelle asked and I let out a small chuckle.

"It's a long story. How about I show you a room? Im sure you're very tired."

"Very." She replied and we turned walking out.

***

After showing Isabelle her room I walked down to Jackson's room and saw it was slightly open. He had his bag laid on the bed as he placed some clothing in it.

I knocked twice and he looked over and let out a small chuckle.

"You can come in, you don't have to knock." I did so and shut the door behind me as I walked over to him.

"Im sorry I'm not going." I said softly and he stopped his packing and turned to face me.

"Im not mad, love. I understand, you need time." I gave a grateful smile and he turned stuffing the last shirts into his bag.

"That is not how you fold clothes you baboon." I said playfully pushing him aside and pulled the shirts out re-folding them.

As I placed the clothes into his bag I glanced at him only to catch his stare as he watched me intensely. He stared at me with...admiration? Maybe.

"There you go." I mumbled softly.

"I guess i'll see you...?"

"If not tomorrow night, then the next morning for sure." He said and I nodded folding my arms.

It was going to be weird without him being around tonight. Goddess, is this what clingy feels like? I hate it.

"I guess i'll see you then." I completed.

"I guess so." He added and grabbed his bag and gave me a small smile and started walking to the door when he stop abruptly shaking his head and dropped the bag turning and walked up gently but quickly pulling me to him. I gasped as I was chest to chest with him in seconds. I was many inches shorter than him and stared up at him with a shocked expression.

"What are you-" He stopped me by leaning down capturing my lips with his. I was shocked to say the least. A sudden urge sired through me as I kissed him back just as eagerly.

A small growl ripped through his chest as we deepened the kiss.

My hands ran through his hair tugging gently earning a groan as he held my hips tightly.

A few seconds later I pulled back in a daze.

"It's not like you're off to war." I joked looking up at him and he had a small smirk on his face looking pretty content.

"Leaving you—even if it is for a day or two— feels like I'm heading to one, and honestly... heading to meet with Ryker will make you wish you were in war instead of an office with him. His ego inflates the whole room." I let out a laugh shaking my head.

"I need to go." He said with a small sigh.

"Okay. I'll see you later." I replied and he leaned down pressing one last kiss and slowly pulled away with a groan as if he didn't want to leave.

We walked to the door and he turned.

"Feel free to stay in here tonight." He added and I looked around. Stay in Jackson's room?

"O-okay." My mouth was betraying me.

He shot me a wink and closed the door behind him.

Looking around I went about his room. It was a darker color scheme and a desk sat against one wall. Curious, I walked over to it. Papers were scattered across it.

Some were crumbled up. Others half completed. Calculations, charts, and tables were numerously scattered around. One paper caught my eyes as I reached down picking it up.

It started out as a paper about the pack and some calculations but its like he never completed it and what was at the end is what caught my eye...

"I can't even think straight... I think I already love her." I read in his messy yet neat handwriting.

My heart was beating faster by the second and I quickly placed the paper down.

Why did I feel so... off.

I didn't know why, but I felt... happy.

_____________________________________________

I LOVE THEM SO MUCH Ugh

They kissed, 19 chapters later that you all have been waiting for LOL

VOTE

COMMENT

SHARE

CHAPTER TWENTY THROUGH TWENTY THREE IS UP ON RADISH FOR EARLY ACCESS :) JUST SEARCH THE TITLE OR MY NAME 'KEYLEE' :)))) 

enjoy