Chapter Forty Six|| A New Chapter

{Aurora's POV}

It's been two months since Jackson and I had our first doctor's appointment and ultrasound. Our child was growing healthy and strong, much like ourselves. I was proud thinking of how far I've came and what I've become. I always thought that I would be set in a life full or misery and a broken past, but I am no longer that scared and fragile girl I was when I first came here. I'm not the girl who hated physical contact and people in general. Jackson is the reason why i've come a much better and healthier minded person—and I thank him every day for that.

A werewolf pregnancy took only six months, so in four months our child will be here and our lives of parenting starts. We were turning a new chapter in our lives and that to me was an accomplishment. We learned to live in the present and not the past. We learned to live our lives to the fullest and that... that is what gets me through the day. Well, that and Jackson of course.

"Babe, you almost ready?" I heard Jackson call from downstairs.

"Yes!" I responded and headed towards the stairs.

Jackson heard me coming and was up the stairs in a flash helping me down them carefully.

"Im a big girl, you know." I joked and he raised a brow.

"And? Im not letting you risk falling. I'd never forgive myself." He scolded me and I sighed but couldn't help the smile that graced my lips. That was another thing that was slightly new: Jackson's protectiveness. Though, Jackson was protective of me before, it was ten times worse now. I love him, I truly do, but sometimes I just needed some room to breathe. I was capable of doing things on my own but he just wouldn't let me.

We were heading to a party held by Jackson's mom. The gender revealing party. We wanted to be surprised, so we waited and today we were finding out. Jackson wouldn't tell me what he was hoping for. He only replied with 'I'll love either just as much' and that was that. I think he's hoping for a boy. I mean... they'll be the next alpha in line so why wouldn't he?

We walked to the backyard where family and friends stood grinning at us.

"Im so excited!" Jackson's mom said rushing up to us.

The decorations were set up and I have to admit, they were cute.

"Everyone voted on what they think it will be." She said referring to the cute drawn up chalkboard behind her. Boy was in the lead.

"I think it's going to be a boy." Zander said walking up to us with a grin.

"Next ruthless but intelligent alpha." Zander added with a playful growl and Jackson and I rolled our eyes at the silly man.

"So how are we doing this?" Jackson asked tightening his arm around my waist.

"Jackson, you're good at baseball right?" His dad mused and Jackson chuckled.

"You should know, you coached my teams all throughout high school." I wanted to roll my eyes. Of course he's good at baseball too! Is there anything he isn't good at?

"Best player we had." His dad stated proudly.

Everyone laughed and his dad handed him a bat and his mother handed me a ball. Oh Goddess, I suck a throwing.

"Okay so this ball is filled with blue or pink. When Jackson hits it, it'll burst and the powder will fly out. Are you ready?" His mother asked and everyone cheered.

Jackson let go of me and gave me a grin before walking down a couple good feet away and shot me a wink raising the bat. "Swing batter batter swing." He joked and I looked at him amused.

My heartbeat sped up as I raised the ball and threw it. It was like everything went into slow motion as the ball coursed through the air and Jackson swung. The crack of the bat hitting the ball was heard and milliseconds later, it burst open.

My jaw dropped when the powder burst everywhere and everyone started cheering and clapping.

Jackson's eyes widened as he dropped the bat and ran towards me. He picked me up swinging me around gently, happy as ever.

"We're having a girl." He said, sitting me down and looking at the pink powder still floating through the air.

I looked back up at him seeing his eyes staring at it in awe.

"You were wanting a girl weren't you?" I asked and he looked back at me with a grin.

"Maybe." Was his reply as he pulled me to him and kissed the top of my forehead.

"Don't be jealous, but uh... another girl is gonna have my heart too now." He said with a smirk and I playfully growled.

"How rude of her." I said and he chuckled.

"How cute!" His mom cheered and Jackson and I looked to her and burst out laughing.

She is too excited. I guess we all are.

"Did you guys have any names picked out?" His dad asked and we looked to each other grinning.

"Well, if it was a boy we were going to name him Jay, but since it's a girl we're naming her A.J, short for Amber Joe." I told them and his mom practically squealed.

"I love it!" Everyone started clapping and Jackson wrapped his arms around me from behind placing his hands gently on my stomach and I smiled laying mine on top of his.

Everything was perfect. 

_______________________________________________________________________

IM CRYING AGAIN

THIS WAS PERFECT

JACKSON WAS WANTING A GIRL!!!! HOW UN CLICHE OF HIM!

VOTE

COMMENT

SHARE

NEXT IS THE EPILOGUE AND EVERYTHING WILL BE OVER 

*que my uncontrollable sobbing because they were my favs of the series*