Chapter Twenty Two|| Caroline

{Aurora's POV}

I couldn't help the way Jackson was so tense.

"I... didn't hear you found your mate." She said and he shrugged.

"You weren't around." He responded.

"I didn't feel very wanted." She said in a sharp tone and I cocked an eyebrow.

"Too bad." He answered and someone people around let out a small gasp.

"Jackson, can we talk... alone?" She asked and he sighed looking to me.

"Go ahead." I said with a small nod.

I trust him... it's her I don't trust.

I watched the two walk away and down the hall and my heart sped up.

"You're just going to let him do that?" I heard and turned facing Zander.

"I have to trust him."

"Yeah but did you see that look in her eyes? She's on a mission." He countered and I looked back to where they left from.

"And ill destroy it before she can even get near the end of it." I said in a curt tone.

I was done with this conversation.

"How about a drink?" He asked shifting the subject to a lighter one.

"It would be much appreciated." I exclaimed with a small chuckle.

{Jackson's POV}

I walked side by side with Caroline as my mind sat in a frenzy. What is she doing back here?

"I thought you said we were going to be mates." She spoke softly as we were far enough away from the party.

"I never said that. You brought it up to which I never answered you." I turned to face her and she held the same pout she used to fool me with.

"I'm sorry for the way I acted before I left, but you knew I never wanted to end this. I love you, Jackson! I-" I stopped listening and held my hand up, "Enough." I tried to speak but she continued.

"You know I'm better with you. Just leave her. Mate or not , we were meant to-"

"Enough!" I yelled causing her to flinch.

"That woman you just met is my mate and nothing will change that. She is all I think about, she is constantly on my mind, and she alone is what gets me out of the bed in the morning. She is a smart and beautiful minded woman, who is nothing like you. She is the woman I plan to get down on one knee for one day and to start a life and a family with, not you. You should have never came back. You expect me to actually forgive you for what you did? And to think you actually tried to show your face around here!" I scoffed shaking my head.

"Jackson..." She croaked out tearing up.

"You slept with Tyler! Tyler! You could have slept with anyone and cheated on me with anyone but you chose my cousin who you know is like a brother to me. Im disgusted by you, I truly am. I sent you both away that day because I can't stand to look at either of you! So just leave, Caroline! Or ill make you a permanent resident at the power pack with your family. You won't even be able to get a mile of here without being taken away." She gasped at my threat but knew I would take action in a heart beat.

"Im sorry he-"

"Stop, Tyler is not the only one to blame and you know it. It wasn't your first act of seeking someone else out. I should have just not been a fool after the first time. So go on somewhere because you're not wanted here. I found someone who wants me for me. Not for wealth, not for power, but for myself only. I mean it, Caroline. Just leave."