EPILOGUE

{Jackson's POV}

As I held my sweet baby girl in my arms, I knew life couldn't get any better. Her eyes were shut softly as she slept; her chest rising and falling. I could stare at her all day. She was mine. She was my child.

"You already have me wrapped around your finger, Amber Joe." I spoke to her with a smile on my face.

I couldn't imagine what the future years to come would be like. I'm glad Aurora will be here with me every step of the way. We'll be there when she takes her first steps, says her first words, has her first birthday, then her first day of school, the first time she learns to drive, her first heartbreak, and I knew we wouldn't miss a second of any of it.

Though, Aurora will have to hold me back if some pathetic, little boy hurts my daughter.

I chuckled thinking of all the boys I'll scare off and how mad she'll get at me, but thank me later. I know how boy's minds work. I did used to be one, I thought as I looked over to the hospital bed where Aurora slept.

It had been a long, exhausting process but it was worth every second. The life I held in my arms told me that. Aurora went through the delivery like a champ. The first time A.J was laid in her arms she had teared up then peered up at me not knowing what to say. I had just smiled leaning down and placed a kiss on her forehead.

We'll be home in a few days and we'll be starting that new chapter of our lives as parents. I love the two of them so much it hurts. I didn't even want to think about losing them. A.J hasn't even been in the world a full day and I was already dreading the unfortunate events that could occur, but hopefully never will. When her eyes met mine, I knew I was a goner.

I had watched the men of my pack go from no kids to many kids and have them tell me it was the best thing that ever happened to them. I never did believe it. Kids being the best thing that could happen? That sounded crazy, but now looking at my little girl... i'd have to agree. My life was about to change drastically for the best way possible.

My phone rung bringing me from my thoughts and I sighed maneuvering Amber into one arm carefully trying not to wake her and grabbed the phone of the table next to me.

"Jackson." I said placing the phone to my ear.

"Sir, there has been another killing in the immaculateness pack." They informed me and I looked back down at Amber.

"I'm busy right now." I felt guilty for saying that, but I wasn't leaving Aurora and Amber.

"Alpha-" He started but I cut him off.

"My kid was just born, I'm sure there are other people already looking into it." I told the man, who im assuming was from the FBSI—The Federal Bureau of Supernatural Investigation.

"Matter of fact, I do have someone looking into them. I called her awhile back." I told the man.

"I know but she's-" I cut him off again.

"Good at her job so give her some time and let her do her thing. I've got to go." I replied hanging up.

"Sounds like you're wanted." I heard a raspy voice say and I looked over at Aurora who watched me from her bed.

"Im sorry, love, did I wake you?" She shook her head and sat up a bit.

"Don't you think you should go?" She asked.

"Are you kidding? Im not leaving you two." I said glancing down at A.J once more.

"Can I see her?" Aurora asked and I grinned standing.

"Yes, Aurora, she's your child too." I mused and she rolled her eyes playfully.

"Yeah, but you look like you might bite anyone's head off if they try to take her from you." She teased and I laughed softly setting A.J in her arms.

"Not you, maybe another person, but not you." I winked and she just smiled looking at her girl. A few minutes later she sighed looking back up at me. "Seriously, Jackson, if you're needed... go. We'll be fine without you for a day." She said and I shook my head.

"Not happening. There are other smart people out there, which is why it's in Emily's hands now." I told her.

"That agent at the bureau you mentioned awhile back?"

"That'd be the one."

And I knew she'd crack the case. One could only hope.

"Scoot over." I told her and she smiled doing so.

I climbed in next to her and wrapped my arm around her should and she laid her head on my chest. Yep, everything was pretty perfect.

Good thing I had the intelligence to create such a strong bond.

____________________________________________________________
You've finished reading:

____________________________________________________________You've finished reading:

Continue to the next installment in the series located on my profile: