Chapter Thirty Nine|| Assassination?

{Aurora's POV}

"You don't understand how happy I am that Amber is helping us." My mother said and I nodded in agreement.

We were sitting outside on the back patio discussing what had just happened yesterday. Jackson was already gathering a plan incase Charles decided to go after me or my mom.

I just want that sadistic man behind bars with royal imprisonment.

"Where is Jackson?" She asked.

"Jackson and Zander are doing their own thing right now. I think they're on the training field. Something about wanting to relieve stress, which is never a good thing. But, I let them go because I too wanted to relieve some stress with a warm bubble bath. Sounds nice." My mother chuckled in response.

"Well, I better let you get to it then before the boys get back." She smiled pulling me in for a hug and I snuggled up to her. I will never get old of her embrace.

I've missed it too much.

***

Stepping into the hot tub rimmed with bubbles and lit candles I exhaled sinking into it. My muscles immediately relaxed. This felt so nice.

I tried to get my mind off previous events but it seemed to be glued to them. Not once will I feel at peace it feels like.

I don't know what i've ever done to make Charles hate me. It's not like I showed up on his doorstep pleading for the throne or for him to take me in. I'd never give him that satisfaction. I will never need his help and I will never reach out to him. Why would I even want to tell anyone he was my father? The only reason people know now is because of him. If he would have backed off and left me alone, no one would have figured it out.

We would have had no reason to go to the church and plead for help. Now, not only do I have a psychopath after me, my hunk of a mate is going after him. With permission.

How was I not supposed to be stressed? My head is practically laying on the wood of the guillotine waiting for Charles to deliver the blade!

Goddess help us.

All I could do was put my faith in Jackson, but what if something happens to him? I'd never be able to forgive myself. I wouldn't be able to live without him. He is the only person to make me feel... human and not make me feel like a burden. He treats me like his queen and i've never even felt an ounce of love like that. I've never loved a man before. It was weird, but I knew I loved him.

I truly loved Jackson.

I had to tell him... before it's too late.

{Jackson's POV}

Zander struck me in the jaw and I groaned stumbling backwards.

I collected myself quickly and struck him back just as hard but this time he flew to the ground.

"Ow." He mumbled causing me to smirk.

I shook my fist out and leaned down to help him up.

He was about to say something when his eyes clouded over as someone mind-linked him.

"We've got to go." He mumbled, his adrenaline kicking in. "Why?" I asked.

"Because a pack of rouges have just been spotted heading for the west side of the pack." He told me and a growl ripped through my chest.

I knew this was Charles' doing.

***

I shifted once we reached the border of the west side and we could hear the snarls approaching.