Chapter Forty Five|| OH BABY!

{Aurora's POV}

"Im pregnant." I said and shook my head.

"That's too blunt." I mumbled to myself and looked in the mirror again squaring my shoulders.

"Im pregnant." I said more softly and shook my head again.

Nope.

"Jackson, I am pregnant. Surprise." I made a little spirit fingers gesture and I then groaned at how stupid I looked and sounded.

There are times when some stories come to an end and there are times when you simply have to turn the page. At the moment I didn't know what to feel. Was my life officially over? All the fun gone? Or was this just another page turner?

Sure, the test was positive, and sure I wanted children, but this felt too early. Was it? It's only been a month since I've been home from the honeymoon. What will Jackson think?

Oh Goddess, he barely even wants kids!

I was panicking and I didn't know who to talk to about this. I had no girl friends here at the pack. I probably should make some, but that's beside the point.

Do I wait to tell him? Or do I just tell him?

I looked at myself in the mirror again giving myself a confident look.

"Im pregnant." I said to myself and nodded.

That will do. Own it. Make it sound like you're saying you'll raise the kid with or without him. Yeah...

I can do this.

***

I totally can't do this.

I had went to Jackson's office to tell him, but my plan fell through the moment my eyes landed on him.

"Hey, babe, what's up?" He asked looking up from his papers.

"Uh..." I stammered freezing up.

Concern etched across his face.

"What's wrong?" He asked standing from his chair and walked around his desk and up to me.

"Nothing." I lied and he placed his hands on the sides of my cheeks.

"Are you sure?" He asked raising a brow, "You look spooked." Because I am.

"No, I just feel drained." Which wasn't a total lie.

"Go lay down then, babe. Actually, Ill finish the paperwork later, come on." He said taking my hand and I felt bad for lying.

We reached the room but it was only midday. He pulled back the covers for me and I slid in them and he slid in next to me.

"I'll stay until you fall asleep." He said wrapping his arms around me and kissing my forehead.

Goddess, I don't deserve him. He's too perfect.

"I love you." I spoke snuggling into his chest actually feeling a nap coming on.

"I love you too, Aurora." He said softly and I smiled resting my eyes.

Hours later when I woke the sun was just starting to set. Oh my, how long did I sleep?

After a few minutes of staring at the ceiling, I sat up in bed with a sigh and crossed my legs as I placed a small hand on my stomach. This is real. This is happening. I cannot just run from it. I needed to make an appointment just to make sure. I groaned, who would even see me here at the pack?