Chapter Twenty Three|| The Marking

{Aurora's POV}

He stared back at me with a shocked look.

"To be marked?" He asked hesitantly.

"Yeah..." I mumbled and an expression crossed his face I couldn't grasp.

"I couldn't tell you." He said staring down at me and I thought for a moment.

I never wanted to be the one to be owned or 'claimed', but for some odd reason being claimed by Jackson himself seemed like an amazing plan.

"Could you show me?" I asked hesitantly.

"You want me to mark you? Is this what you're getting at? Because I'm no man to be teased at the moment." He said fighting back control as I could see the blue specks coming and leaving his eyes.

"Yeah." I mumbled and he instantly pulled me towards him and I sat up face to face with him.

"Are you sure?" He asked.

"Im positive." I added and he slowly brought his hand up placing it on the side of my neck brushing the hair that laid upon my collar bone. He leaned in placing a swift kiss upon my lips before moving to place a kiss the spot where one is to be marked.

My heart immediately sped up as I could feel his canines extend. His hand found mine and laced our fingers together.

"Relax." He breathed out.

"Okay." I barely said and my hand found the back of his neck pulling him closer.

"I trust you." I breathed out closing my eyes and that's all he needed before slowly sinking his teeth in on my neck.

A gasp of pain left me but soon the pain morphed into something...blissful.

After a moment he pulled away cleaning the mark of the blood and looked down at his work.

"Wow. I'd never thought I'd be able to find my mate, let alone mark her." He said and I smiled getting up and found my way to his bathroom and flipped on the light to see it.

Jackson walked behind me wrapping his arms around my waist and gave me a coy smile.

He was quite satisfied with how things turned out.

"Im glad you trust me." He said placing a kiss on my mark causing shivers to run throughout my body.

"Im glad too." He let out a small chuckle and spun me to where I was facing him.

"What's gotten into you tonight? Don't get me wrong, I love the fact you wanted me to mark you, but you seem more... open to things." He said and I shrugged.

"Lately i've felt safe, more safe than I have ever felt in a long, long time. You're my home, Jackson, and i've just came to realize how I can't see myself anywhere but here." He smiled cupping the sides of my face and leaned in giving me a quick but passionate kiss.

"Funny thing is, you are my life it seems like." He said looking at me with an... awe'd look?

"I love you, Aurora. Don't feel pressured to say it back, but I just needed to say that. I think i've knew it for awhile now. Everything just seems so... perfect when you're around." If my heart hadn't wanted out of my chest tonight, it sure did now.

It was beating a million miles per second it felt like.

"I don't know what I feel just yet." I admitted truthfully and placed my hands on the sides of his cheeks, "But I do know I feel something the same for you. I've never experienced love, and I do know that when I do... it will be with you. Im one hundred percent sure of it." I complete and he smiled nodding.