Chapter Twelve|| Explanations

{Aurora's POV}

I sat in front of the huge mahogany desk nervously. Jackson sat next to me shooting daggers at King Christian.

"Just start from the beginning." Christian said in a not so good mood.

I told him everything from start to finish just as I told Jackson previously.

"So you're saying your fathers death was uncontrollable?" He asked and I nodded.

"I- I shifted for the first time and all the hatred that I had built up inside was released." I said and he sighed folding his arms.

"You still killed a man." he said and a growl ripped through my chest.

"Are you saying I'm lying?" I asked and Christian's eyes widened slightly from my outburst.

"No, I'm not. But you still killed him. First shift or not a beta is dead." he said and I rolled my eyes.

"A former beta." I corrected, "I will not regret nor apologize for what I did. I helped the world from a bad, bad man. You can take me and lock me up for all I care. What's new?" I asked and this time Jackson growled at my statement.

"You will not take her." Jackson said and Christian stood to his feet.

"I didn't say I would. She still has to face the punishment of leaving a pack without the alpha's permission, killing someone, creating a fake identity and Goddess knows what else she has done." Jackson stood too.

"Who are you to say that? If this was Scarlet you wouldn't let someone near her let alone try and take her. We're friends Christian; allies. At least that's what I thought we were. Apparently I have mistaken. If you make one move towards her Goddess so help me I will shred you to pieces king or not. Im an alpha I do not bow down to you. Yes you may be a king but that doesn't make me fear you. I don't know what has got into you lately but you need to snap out of it. You are not the Christian we know. She is leaving with me and that's final." Christian seemed to be biting his tongue.

"Very well. You can go under one condition." Jackson raised an eyebrow, "And that is?" he asked.

"She needs to go to the Malevolent pack and stand before Alpha Evan himself. He will address her punishment if she is deemed to be punished you will let her, and after she can go back home with you." Jackson started to fire something back but I growled.

"Fine." I snapped and both their eyes snapped towards me.

"What?" Jackson said shocked.

"I would like to give him a piece of my mind anyways." I sneered standing to my feet.

"I've always wanted to punch that man in the face. Here's my chance." I mumbled heading towards the doors of his office.

"She will be transported there by royal guards. You can follow them. I will ring alpha Evan." I heard Christian say and I gritted my teeth.

Why is he so hellbent on me getting punished for something I couldn't control? Something isn't adding up. I turned looking at Christian as he picked up a phone making the call.

"Im sending someone to you. Her punishment should be what you deem fit. Oh, you'll know her." He said and ended the call as two guards grabbed my arms.

"I will be right behind you." Jackson said and he stood in front of me but my eyes didn't move from Christian. What was he hiding?

"You're hiding something." I said and he smirked.

"Im not like you Amara, I don't hide. Now get the hell out of my office." He snapped.

What did I ever do to him?