Chapter Ten|| Allen Leigh

{Aurora's POV}

I sat in the car next to Jackson as he drove. It was quiet as I stared out the window as scenery passed by.

"Where are we going?" I asked turning to look at him.

"A restaurant." He said and I cocked an eyebrow.

"Is this your way of taking me on a date?" I joked and he smirked.

"If you want to call it that." He said shrugging and soon enough a huge restaurant came into view.

"If you tell me you own this I might kill myself." I said looking at it and he let out a chuckle.

"I don't own it. I own some but not this exact one." I rolled my eyes, of course he does.

When he parked I flung open the door and hopped out shutting it behind me.

"I would have got the door for you." He said and I shrugged.

"Chivalry is dead." I replied walking towards the door. "You'll never fail to amuse me." I heard him mutter causing me to smirk.

I grabbed the door and opened it turning to face him. "After you, you kind sir." I mocked and he rolled his eyes and put his hand at the top of the door holding it and motioned me to go in.

I did so and gawked as we walked in. My jeans and cardigan suddenly felt super underdressed. This place was beautiful.

"I hope you like Italian." Jackson said to me as he placed a hand on the small of my back and we started walking through the huge room. I couldn't help but feel eyes on us as we walked through. There were a ton of people in here.

A table towards the back came into view. I smiled at the fanciness of it all.

"Do I need to eat with my pinky up?" I asking in a mocking tone as he pulled out my seat for me.

"You sip tea with your pinky up, you don't eat with it up." He said smirking as he took his seat and I once again rolled my eyes.

After we got our drinks and food ordered Jackson broke the silence.

"So tell me about yourself. Before all the... not so good things happened." He said and I sighed feeling my palms start to sweat. Why does talking about myself to people make me so antsy and nervous?

"Well... my real name is Amara. Before the killings and all that, the Malevolent pack honestly wasn't that bad. Sure they had their moments but... still it wasn't how it was just a few years ago. My mom... she was the woman I strived to be. She was brave, caring, and so beautiful —in all aspects personality and physical appearance wise— that I feel like I don't know... let her down I guess." I said and finally met his eyes.

"You did not let her down, and if anything you're just like her. You're strong and you're brave... and you've only been here for a couple days and I gathered that much. Not to mention, you're absolutely beautiful inside and out. I mean that. Im never the mushy gushy type, but it's true Aurora." I smiled at him and I looked down at my hands.

"His name was Brett." I said and looked back up to see him confused.

"Who was?"

"I told you the story where I broke a guys arms and fractured his collarbone? Well his name was Brett. He was the one that hit me. That was what my nightmare was about. It was just my mind playing it over and over again. I've never felt so angry before. You asked why I was on the run? I lied. It's not because I was scared of the Malevolent pack finding me... it was because I was scared he would. He said he would come after me and I don't know... I just feel it in my bones since I heard him say those words. I know he'll come for me. Rather for payback for what I did or walking out on him, he'll come." Jackson clenched his jaw before he spoke.