Chapter Forty Four|| Love is in the air

{Aurora's POV}

I woke up from the sun seeping through the cracks of the curtains. I groaned turning away but there was a window on both sides of the bed doing the same.

Giving up trying to get more sleep, I sat up rubbing my eyes.

The spot next to me was empty and I heard the shower running. Memories from last night filled my mind and I bit my lip to hold back my grin. I stood wrapping the sheet around myself and walked to the window looking out.

We were in Venice, Italy. Everything here was so beautiful and perfect. Nothing seemed to be out of place.

Arms wrapped around my waist bringing me from my thoughts and I let out a screech as I felt water get on me.

"Good morning." Jackson mumbled placing a kiss on the side of my neck and I smiled turning to face him.

"Good morning." I leaned in placing a soft kiss on his lips.

He was in nothing but a towel wrapped around his lower waist. I'm quite okay with the view, though.

"Can we just live here?" I joked looking back out at our magnificent view.

"Must I remind you we're on vampire territory?" He mused and I chuckled.

"No thanks." I shot back, earning a chuckle from him.

"How did they even let us in here? Don't they hate us for banishing them from the states?" I asked looking at Jackson once more.

"Not technically. Some vampires, sure, but most vampires and their covens are from Italy. This is where they were born and this is where they love to live. Most here in Venice are quite nice. I know a few actually. That's how I got us in here." He told me and I was curious.

"Who do you know?" I asked.

"Well, through certain connections, I know a guy named Dante. He can be a real pain in the ass sometimes and since we did banish him from the states, he still is kinda mad. Though, Ryker granted him permission to come in when he pleases since he helped aid us in the war, so I don't know if he's still mad or not." My brows raised.

"Wait I thought you said most lived here?" Jackson nodded, "And they do, Dante was born here and technically he never lived in the states, but someone he loved does. That's why he was so hellbent on staying here. Now, he gets to see them whenever." Jackson told me and I nodded taking it all in.

"So he helped us in the war?" I asked.

"Yes, he's one of the most powerful vampires there is that's alive today. Some of his coven broke away and helped the hunters. Vampires and Werewolves hate the hunters. He took that as a form of disrespect and that's the another reason he helped us. Without him, the war could have ended badly."

"Whoa." I mumbled and he laughed.

"Whoa indeed, but he never had beef with me so he didn't care to let me come on his soil. We're also protected by any vampires that do have beef with us." That's nice to know.

Jackson's mom ended up flying us to a beach on the west coast. It was nice and we stayed there for a day or two until Jackson decided to make a spontaneous move and here we are... in Venice. Can't say I'm complaining.

"Breakfast was sent up a little before you woke." He said pointing and I noticed the cart near the kitchen table of the suite.

My stomach rumbled in response and Jackson grinned.

"I guess it's time to eat." He smirked and I playfully pushed him as I held the sheet to me and walked over to the table.

I reached over picking up the top and looked underneath.