A Start to Something Unpredictable

+Rebellion Base+

Tom sat back in his seat behind his desk with Reggie and Zack watching him sadly. He had just finished dealing with the devil, but it was worth it to get his soldiers back.

"Are we really doing this Blue?" Zack asks in a smallish way.

Tom opens his 'eyes' and nods his head. "All of you knew what you were getting into staying back here with me. You had the chance to leave, but every one of you stayed." He could remember a month ago the meeting that transpired.

~Flashback~

"What do you mean split up Tom?" Matt asks concerned by the way Tom is talking.

"I mean what I said Matt, split up. We need to find new hideouts for our groups." Tom folds his hands and placed them on his lap. "I, on the other hand, will stay here. Tord is getting close to finding us, I can hold him off on my own while you guys run for better ground."

"Tom no-" Edd tries to stop him.

"Edd I mean what I say. It would be for him to catch one then all of us. The world needs saving and it can't happen unless its heroes survive." Tom firmly puts into his words when he cuts Edd off. He couldn't let his friends get captured if Tord ever found him or the base. Plus Edd and Matt have a lot of luck with them, he already knew he was running out every minute since the war started. "I'm asking you guys to understand what I'm trying to do here."

Edd clenched his hands into fists. "Then at least let your soldiers decided whether or not they want to stay or go with us."

"Edd..." Matt looks at Edd surprised. Usually, Edd would retort to this kind of thing.

The brunet looks at the ginger with serious eyes. "I'm putting my trust in Tom. I believe he'll come back to us one day, on a better day."

Matt looks back at Tom who looks grateful, his expression softened. "Then I agree with Edd on this one Tom. Let your soldiers decided before we leave." He's Tom's friend too, he worries.

"Lame," Tom says before smiling at them. "But I'll let them decided if it means you guys will find a safer hiding spot." He gets up from behind his desk and walks around to stretch his legs.

Edd and Matt get up too. Edd goes up to Tom and gives his friend a tight hug. Matt joins in grinning as he hugs them both tightly.

"We'll start packing today. The sooner we leave, the better for the three of us."

"I'll talk with my soldiers later about their decisions. The ones who wish to leave can travel and help you two."

"I'll get my soldiers and the survivors ready to pack up for our move."

They laugh and gave each other a group fist bump.

"See you later guys."

~End of Flashbacks~

Reggie reports the current situation after giving his leader time to think to himself. "Everything is ready Blue. All Blue soldiers, not including Merida and Randy, are accounted for. All 4 buildings of the Rebellion base have also been cleaned out of materials Red Leader and his army could use." He reports clearly.

"Thank you for the update Reggie. Have two soldiers escort Paul and Patryk outside with the rest of the troops." He gets up and goes over to them tiredly. Tom had to be with his soldiers at the front of the base when Tord comes to pick them up.

Reggie and Zack leave while Tom takes a moment to take one last look at his office. He puts a hand on the wall and smiles. "Thank you."

With that he leaves the room, going down the halls to reach the front entrance of the base. He walks out to see his soldiers grouped up in front of the building. His supply department had their luggage and supplies neatly stacked.