Words Heal

+Red Army Base+

"They're coming back!" Tomi exclaims happily, having heard the news from Zack. He had rushed pass the man, from Tom's office where he and Torm were playing in, to head for the front yard.

They were finally coming home.

He could hear the sounds of the helicopter propellers in the distance through the open windows in the halls.

"Tomi wait!" Torm exclaims as he follows after him. He had listened to Zach through the whole news. If anything, Tomi should not be there when they come out.

The two of them make it to the front yard. One in high spirits while the second one worried.

Tomi turns around to look at his brother happily. "They're home!"

Torm rushes over and grabs him by the arm. "Tomi we have to go back inside." He says trying to persuade his younger brother into going back to the office. "We can talk to them when they come inside."

Tomi tugs his arm away, "Why wait? We can greet them now when they come out."

Soldiers from the base start coming out to the yard. The whole medical staff coming out as well to get ready for the worse of who comes out of that helicopter.

Tomi looks around and notices the solemn faces of the soldiers and friends behind them as they look toward the aircraft. "Why does everyone look sad?" He asks Torm.

Torm presses his lips into a thin line, unsure of how to tell Tomi what happened. "Tomi..." His hands clenched on either side of his body.

The copter get closer, making start to descend to the ground a distance away from the group. The medics rush up to the aircraft once it had safely touched the ground.

Tomi and Torm watch as Tord jumps out of the helicopter with a dark look on his face. His arms held behind his back, stepping aside, as he watches two of the medics board the craft.

They come back out, pulling out a gurney.

"Mom..." Tomi says seeing Tom on the gurney unmoving and quiet. His goggles cracked and broken. "M-Mom..." His voice says again, this time shakily scared.

Torm hugs Tomi from behind and covers his eyes with his hands. "Don't look Tomi. Don't look." He repeats over and over to his little brother.

Tomi could only hear the sound of wheels turning, rushing passed him with the mixed sound of many footsteps along with them. Many of the medics spoke as they pass by the children.

"Get him to the operation room stat."

"I need the rundown of what happened."

"Someone prepare the X-Rays."

Torm could feel tears escaping Tomi's eyes. He looks up when a tall shadow falls over him and his brother. "..."

Tord stands in front of the two monster children with a painful expression. Only to turn soft seeing the both of them scared or worried. Tomi is even crying for pete's sake. He bends down to their height so that they talk face to face, "Torm, Tomi."

Torm gives Tomi his sight back again as he lets his hands fall back to his side. "Tord, what happened to Tom?"

Tomi moves quickly to find comfort in hugging Tord tightly. "I-Is *hic* mom a-alright?"

The leader hugs Tomi back tightly as he rubs his back up and down. "He did the mission and it was a success, but he got hurt in the process to save me." He looks at the ground, "He's still alive, so don't worry. The doctors will do everything they can keep it that way."