Introductions

"God is great, there is no God but Allah. Muhammad is the messenger of Allah. Come to prayer"

According to Islamic tradition, these are the first words a newborn baby should hear spoken by their father.

💙

Dave

"Its all because of you I'm never sad and blue, you brighten up my day in your own special way. Whenever you're around I'm never feeling downnnnnn" I sang to Easton.

"Is this man really singing Mary J?" Lisa walked in interrupting my Daddy and Son moment.

"Leave my thug passion alone" Jay sat up in bed chuckling, watching me.

"How are you?" Lisa came over and gave me a hug, while looking down at East.

We had been home for the past two week now, my little man got circumcised so he wasn't anybody's friend at the moment. I had just changed him and he was wailing like someone was trying to murder him.

"I'm good, little man is hurting, but it's for you're own good playa. No shorty gonna mess with you if we ain't do it" I joked.

"He's having entirely too much fun" Lisa turned to Jay.

"I let him live, he's already talking about football Sunday and basketball season" Jay playfully rolled her eyes.

"Y'all not invited" I joked.

"Trust I don't want to" Lisa laughed.

"Is he sleeping?" Jay asked.

"No, he's just looking up at me, this pacifier is bigger than his face" I laughed.

"Don't do my baby like that" Jay shook her head.

"Y'all hungry? Mama sent Jay some soup"

"I'm good, babe you hungry?"

"I'll take some, lord knows I want coffee" she whined.

"You'll be able to soon"

"Hopefully"

Walking out the room with East, I walked into his nursery and sat in the rocking chair. His eyes stayed glued on me. I nuzzled his nose against my own. It was like looking at Kaiya again, except this was a real mini me.

"Easton, you're probably going to think I'm the craziest man you've ever met when you get older but I want you to know that I'll always be here for you." I spoke to him.

"Your Mom is going to annoy us both with wanting to do cute ish, but we're men and not with the shits. Oh! Don't tell Mami I cursed okay?"

"You have a big sister whose going to love you, she's probably going to think you're a doll." I laughed.

"Shes a year and some change older than you. I'll be honest she's probably going to boss you around. But it's okay, I think she's going to protect you above all else. So keep your cool when you get older, ya gonna be best friends."