Chapter 21

Janae

"Thank you for coming with me" I spoke to Lisa as we entered me and Dave's apartment.

I knew his ass would be here on purpose trying to see if I would show up. I left Easton with his parents hoping he would gravitate to their apartment.

"What do you need from here ? You need to get some movers"

"I know I'll do that in due time, I just want my box of winter stuff right now"

I said but stopping in my tracks when we both saw Dave standing in the middle of the living room on his phone.

"Let call you back" he ended his phone call.

"Oh hey Dave" Lisa pinched my elbow.

"What's up?" He nodded his head.

I quickly left the scene into our bedroom and was surprised the room looked neat, going into our closet looking for the boxes I left earlier this week. Seeing them piled up on my side, I shook my head. Walking over to them I opened one to see what was inside.

"So you not speaking to me either" I heard Dave say behind me.

I ignored him and continue looking for clothes.

"Oh so you ignoring me now"

"Easton is at your parents house, if you'd like to see him or spend time with him, I'll be picking him up after class on Monday" I said with no particular emotion in my voice facing him.

"I'll pick him up, after my class, you can come get him on Wednesday" he retorted.

"Fine with me" I shrugged my shoulders, not really caring.

"Come on Jay, talk to me" he finally said.

"I am talking to you" I turned around and faced what I was doing.

"No babe, like really talk to me" he grabbed my hand.

I inwardly sighed, I just wanted to get my shit and leave.

"David. Please." I took my hand from his.

"Like you really gonna just pack up and throw away what we have"

I scoffed, I was throwing away what we had ?

"I'm not throwing away nothing, I'm simply giving myself better"

"That's all I'm trynna do" he turned me to face him again.

"No, you want the easy way out ... that's cool. I just don't want to be apart of it or my son"

"I'm doing this for us" he retorted.

"You're doing this for us?" I laughed.

"Jay come on"

"If you don't mind I want to get my shit and bounce"

"You not even listening to me"

I turned around and continue to look through the boxes. Finding the one I needed I lifted it and placed it on the floor I was about to push it out but Dave stood in the way.

"Dave, I'm really not in the mood" I shook my head.

"I went to Frank with every intention of resigning and he hit me with he wanted me to take his spot. I want going do it but when he started talking numbers and the amount of free time I was going to have to spend with my family, I thought about it. I do 3 years max, we could buy a fucking house and vanish"

I laughed again, this grown ass man really had me fucked up.

"No mothafucka! You could vanish cause when all this shit catches up with you that's gonna be your only option. You go fucking hide and I swear to God if feds come knocking on my door asking about you I'll personally whoop your ass" I rolled my eyes, Dave looked taken back by my answer.