Chapter 20

Janae

I opened the bedroom door and the clock on our night table read 8 am.

I left.

I didn't think about it, I didn't let him sweet talk me into staying. I packed my shit and left.

Hearing my phone ringing, I came out my thoughts.

"Hello?"

"Open the door" Lisa spoke.

Walking to the front door, I opened it letting her come in with Easton in his stroller.

"Are you okay? What happened ?" She looked me over as if she were my mother.

"I don't even want to speak on it, I just need your help packing my shit"

"Is he cheating on you ?!" Lisa snapped.

"No Lisa, please let it go" I felt myself getting emotional.

"I am not letting anything go, what happened ?" She stopped me from grabbing East.

"This idiot never left the game, this fool became the head nigga in charge!"

"What do you mean? I thought he ran what was his over here." Lisa said confused.

"Lisa he never left the game, them flights to Miami were his ass getting aquatinted with his new position. He's the new Pin"

"Wait what?"

"All this time I thought he was pulling out and giving things over to Lu and this whole time it's just been him getting his feet wet as King"

"What the fuck Dave" Lisa shook her head.

"I am so done! He was moving in silence this whole time, I don't think he was ever going to tell me shit"

"But why would he tell you that on vacation ? Like I am so confused"

"He's in trouble, I fucking feel it!"

"You think so? You don't think he was just tired of lying to you ?"

"He's been lying for months, I have no idea what to believe" I started getting teary eyed.

"Girl, take a seat. Catch your breath" Lisa pulled me to the bed.

"I'm over it Lisa! I agreed on something because he agreed to do right. I gave him months to turn over shit and he just lied. I don't know how this shit works! So I never questioned him I just thought he was handling shit before he officially left. He doesn't trust me enough to tell me anything ! Like I said before and I'm probably going to continue to say, I'm good enough to fuck not trust!" I got upset all over again.

"So what you gonna do pack your shit and leave ? Take his son?"

"He can see Easton whenever he wants, just not through me or with me"

"Jay"

"I am done" I eyed Lisa.

"I had shit I wanted to do too and since he's doing and living his best life" I air quoted.

"So am I"

****

"When do you think he's coming back?" Lisa ask me.

We had both managed to put all my clothes in boxes, packing a few of Easton's things.

"I don't know and I don't care"

"Are you not tired ? I know you didn't sleep on the flight back"

"I'll sleep when I'm out of this apartment" I shook my head.