Chapter 9

Janae

I got a call from security that someone was trying to come upstairs that wasn't on the list. It was Dave's little brother Charlie, we had forgotten to add him on the list when he got out.

Hearing a knock at the door, I placed Easton in his bouncer. I walked over to the door opening it.

"Hey Charlie" I stepped to the side.

"Hey Janae" he stepped inside, taking off his coat he hung it up in the closet.

"What's up?" We walked back to the living room.

"Came to see little man"

"Aww thank you, he's in his bouncer. You know Dave's in Miami."

"Yeah, I know. He's out there catching a tan" he joked.

"He going to catch these hands if he out there tanning" I laughed.

"From what I heard, Frank has the whole weekend planned for him"

"Planned for Dave?" I asked.

"Yeah, people to meet, people that need to meet Dave" Charlie looked at Easton making faces.

"I need to wash my hands" he got up and walked off.

I looked down at Easton and waited for Charlie to come back.

"Hey little man" Charlie held East in his arms.

"Look exactly like your daddy, this is wild" he laughed.

"Nothing like me" I sighed.

"A little bit ... nahhhh" he laughed.

"Thank you Charlie" I rolled my eyes.

"I'm surprised you didn't go to Miami too" Charlie sat back with Easton in his arms.

"I started school already, Dave doesn't start till next week ... So I guess he'll be refreshed when he comes back"

"Ouuuu sounds like a hater" Charlie made me laugh.

"It's not even that"

"Would have been boring anyway" Charlie shrugged.

"How so? It's Miami" I took a seat across from him.

"You would have been bored by conversation, than you'd have to be dolled up 24/7 just to be on Dave's arm and that's if he would even take you to the meets"

"Meets? What meetings? Frank is having a retirement celebration with people who couldn't make his huge party" I laughed.

"Retirement party?"

"Yeah" I eyed Charlie.

"Dave went to a retirement party?" he asked.

"Uh yesss ..."

"That's right!" Charlie said like he finally remembered something.

"These old niggas with money" he shrugged.

"I just find it hilarious that he legit had another event for everyone who couldn't make the first one"

"Frank mess with Dave heavy, so I could see why he did another function. After Max did Dave dirty the way he did, it took forever for Dave to find someone he could trust. Dave was lucky he had clout and doing a bid for a fuck nigga, that kind of news travels. Frank was Max plug first but he took an interest in Dave" Charlie leaned forward and placed Easton in his bouncer.