Chapter 29

Dave

I woke up to the sound of movement around me. Waking up out of my deep sleep you would have thought I was the one who came in slumped.

I reached for my phone noticing it was 1pm already. The sun was peaking through the curtains, I looked over to where Jay laid and she wasn't there.

"Oww!" I heard Jay yell.

I hopped out the bed and walked over to our bathroom to check on her.

I knocked twice before I walked into the bathroom. I found Jay hopping on one foot.

"Yo?" I said not wanting to laugh.

"Fuck!" She grabbed her foot.

I walked over to her, grabbing her by the waist and placing her on the sink countertop. Moving her hand I began to rub her foot.

"Hit your toe?" I asked while I looked down at her.

She nodded her head yes.

I kept rubbing her foot, while I placed my left hand next to her thigh on the counter.

"You gotta be careful" I sort of laughed at her pain.

"I just stumbled in" she sighed.

"Seems to be a trend" I smiled.

"Please don't tell me" she palmed her face.

"Jay come on, I've done seen it all"

"Did I look crazy?"

"No, you looked good just drunk" I stopped rubbing her foot.

I stood up straight placing both hands at her sides. I examined her for a little, she still looked a little tired.

"Why you up? You look sleepy"

"I have to go, I already made a fool out of myself"

"No, you did that at your housewarming but this is still your home" I laughed.

Jay sucked her teeth and rolled her eyes.

"Whatever you know you deserved it. You think you could do whatever you want when it comes to me. It doesn't work like that"

"You don't know by now I press your buttons on purpose" I laughed.

"Whatever, do you have an extra toothbrush ?"

"You know we do" I backed off.

Letting hop off the counter, she went to the bathroom closet and found a new toothbrush. I began to brush my own teeth. I watched as she moved like old times, around me since she said I took forever.

She came to wet her brush and I stood in her way on purpose.

"Move Dave" she pushed me a little.

"What?" I laughed.

Finally letting her get to the sink, I waited until she was done so I could wash my face.

Walking out the bedroom I found her looking at the pictures that stood on our night tables.

"I miss that" I said referring to the picture of our baby shower.

"Where did I put my clothes" she changed the subject putting down the frame.

"You tossed them" I shook my head.

"I'm sorry I did that" she stood up.

"You didn't do anything"

"Coming over to your place, drunk as fuck"

"You wanted some" I laughed.

She blushed and shook her head.