Chapter 36

Jay

I sat in the bed watching television with Easton. He was currently being entertained with his teething ring. Creating spit bubbles as he chewed on his toy.

I looked down at him amused by his joy and innocence. My thoughts were interrupted by Dave walking into the room.

"What's up" he smiled as he laid his body across our king sized mattress.

He nuzzled his face into Easton's neck making him go into a fit of laughter. I loved hearing him laugh, his chubby cheeks getting all rosy.

"I love you boy" Dave kissed his forehead.

He rolled over and laid next to Easton and played with him.

"You okay?" He asked me.

"Yeah"

"Have you spoken to your mom? She called me asking about you"

"I haven't spoken to her in a while" I shrugged.

I hadn't even returned phone calls or text messages from anyone. I was in my own damn world half the time and the other half I was caring for Easton. I didn't leave the apartment and no matter how many times Dave reassured me he was going to be right by my side, I didn't want to leave.

"Have to keep her updated, can't be putting her on high alert" he looked over to me.

"Do you think my parents are in trouble?" I asked, coming out of my own thoughts.

"Nah. You're Dad's a DT, if he did any homework on you, he already knows that. Hitting a cop, at any angle, you really want to die"

"Should I warn my father?" I asked.

"Are you crazy?" Dave sat up and sat Easton up as well.

"If my father is in danger, I think he should know"

"Your father is not in any danger Jay, this dude would be crazy if he approached your father. You know how many lives he's putting at risk. He ain't stupid"

I nodded my head understanding what he had said.

"Please call your moms, she's worried about you, she hasn't heard from you in a week and change. I know you don't want to talk to anybody but you have to keep things normal with her".

"Okay"

"I had Charlie and Lu clean out your fridge, since you haven't been at your crib in a while, do you need anything else from your closet?"

"What I want is to go back to my own spot but that clearly won't happening" I said with no particular emotion.

"I'm trying to make you as comfortable as possible here Jay, that's all I want for you"

"Well I'm not!" I snapped.

My voice carried a lot louder than I expected making Easton jump and start to cry. I shook my head realizing what I did, I leaned over to pick him up but Dave swooped him up before I could.

"Really?" He looked at me as he stood at the foot of the bed.

"Pass him to me" I shook my head.

"Nah, you need to chill out"

"Dave, just give him to me, we were fine before you came in here"

Dave walked over to the door and opened it, stepping in the door frame he called for Charlie.

"Dave, I'm serious give him to me" I spoke up.

"What's up?"

"Take him to Ma's house, I'll call her in a few" Dave handed Easton to Charlie.