Chapter 45

Jay

I sat at the table in the back porch watching the waves hit the sand on the beach. It was a beautiful sunny day and I couldn't wait for Easton to get up from his nap.

I wanted to take him to the beach for the first time and see his reaction to the sand and the sea. I sat back in my seat feeling somewhat at ease with the way our life has been the last couple of weeks.

Last I heard Olivia got Mia a place to stay in Puerto Rico where she and Kaiya could now spend the entire summer.

I hadn't heard from Dave in over two weeks, Olivia had me shop and pack a getaway bag for him to take with him after his deed was done.

Olivia wasn't trying to tell me any details about his whereabouts and if he was even still alive. I felt as if she was keeping something from me and when she came to tell me that Easton and I would be leaving, I lost it. According to her, the plan was to get me to go to DR and have Mia stay in Puerto Rico. But I wasn't going to DR without knowing if Dave was dead or alive.

She didn't know herself and was preparing us for the worse. But I refused to budge. I needed to know what was Dave's plan if he did make it and after wearing her down she told me he had planned to come to Barbados for the summer.

Maybe even a year.

Hearing her say a year instantly made me sad, he was going to miss out his son's first steps, first words and first birthday ? I wasn't going to be shuffled from Miami to DR for the hell of it. I told her I wanted to be where he was going.

Of course she didn't think it was good idea since she didn't know if Dave would make it. But I didn't care, I told her I was tired of being left out of things and I wasn't going to sit back and let him miss out on our son.

So after much deliberation and Frank agreeing with me— she booked me and Easton one way tickets to Barbados. She set me up at the house Dave had initially set up for himself. A lavish yet cozy beach house with a housekeeper, a cook and a driver. He was going to live a little lavish beach lifestyle.

"Mam" I heard Rosalyn the housekeeper call to me.

"Hi Rosalyn" I turned my attention to her.

"Nico just arrived with the man of the house"

"Already?" I got up to fix myself.

"Should I let them know you're out here?"

"No mam, I want to surprise him, greet them with some fresh juice. I'll be inside in a second" I picked up my phone and water bottle from the porch table.

It had been over a month now that I hadn't seen Dave in person and I was beginning to feel nervous, like I was going to see my crush. I walked inside and quickly went to freshen up.

Dave

"I got it Nico" I grabbed my suitcase from the car.

"It's my job sir" he laughed.

"Nah, I got it. It's not even heavy" I laughed.

We walked up to the front door and looking around I felt I was back at Franks house in Miami. This was beyond what I expected.

"Good evening sir, I'm Rosalyn, the housekeeper" an older lady introduced herself.

"David" I stuck out my hand to shake hers which she shook.

"Please come in, Chef Andre made some fresh passion juice this morning"

I followed behind her into the foyer, putting my bags down, she handed me a glass of passion juice.