Chapter 6

Dave

Waking up in the morning to a lonely ass bed and house had me feeling low. I rolled a blunt and went out to the balcony. Fuck these white neighbors, I thought to myself as I blew out smoke from my nostrils.

Looking down at my phone, my lock screen was the picture on Christmas morning. The three most important people in my life. And here I was lonely as fuck all because of a prank.

I knew I fucked up, but Jay didn't have to do me like that with the fucking cops. Had it been some other pigs at our door, I would have spent my night in bookings. I inhaled the last of my blunt and put t out. Getting up from my seat and stretching I walked back into the house.

At the same time as I closed the balcony door, the front door opened. Turning around I was faced with a slow walking Janae. She came alone, and just her purse. I sighed, not wanting to go off but also not wanting to deal with her right now.

"Morning" I said dryly.

"Morning" she began to take off her coat.

"Where's my son? Or you keeping him from me now?" I asked her.

She rolled her eyes, clearly annoyed.

"First off, lose the attitude. Second, your son is currently with your parents. I didn't bring him with me because I wanted to talk to you alone. I don't want him around our negative energy or us fighting period. Lastly, I should be the only  one here with a fucking attitude" she crossed her arms.

I took a seat on the couch and waited for her to speak.

"I know I pranked you, and it was a shitty prank. I could have lost all your trust and possibly lose you" she paused.

"But telling me someone took my newborn son and he's legit not in the house is fucking scary"

"But you know me! You know if that was real I wouldn't have been sitting in here chillin waiting for you"

"You don't know how you would react in a situation like that David! You could have been sitting at home waiting for me, or emotionally unstable. You pushed me, and yes I pushed you but I never imagined you breaking the damn mirror or anything for that matter"

"How do you think I felt? Smelling cologne, your neck marked up? I don't even leave hickeys on you. I am not saying I didn't fuck up, but we both played a prank. Then the cops show up and you ask them to escort you out? Like I'm some fucking woman beater" I stood up from my seat.

"I only asked them to escort me because I knew your ass wasn't going to let me walk out this house. I needed space, just like your ass needed space ! And I'm here 24 hours later more than you could say, kicking me out for a whole week" she snapped.

"Still! It didn't occur to you these niggas could have snapped, ran my fucking name and who knows what could have popped up"

"My father's a cop moron I wouldn't have let it gone that fucking far !"

"So what! You don't know that shit!"

"It's not your turn to be mad, it's mine! So sit down and shut the fuck up" she was getting hot  now.

"Try me Jay"

"No you try me!"

"I am here to fucking make peace with you, tell you, that you fucked up with that bullshit. I just wanted to calm down I wasn't leaving you or taking your son away from you! You didn't feel how tight my chest felt you fuck! I can't stand you!" She rolled her eyes.

"I can't stand yo ass either"

"Kiss my ass David" she waved me off.

I took a deep breath and decided to chill out.