Chapter 7

Dave

"Open your mouth" Jay looked at me annoyed I woke her up at 2 in the morning but I was in fucking pain.

"You wake me up, tell me you have pain in your throat but you won't show me so I can fucking see" she was getting hot.

"Ma it hurts to talk or move" I sounded groggy as shit.

Jay walked to our bathroom and came out with a wooden tongue depressor.

"I'm only gonna ask you one more time"

I groaned and opened my mouth and felt the depressor press down on my tongue.

"Open wide David" she rolled her eyes.

Opening my mouth a little wider, I was feeling weak as fuck. Watching Jays eyes widen, she quickly removed the depressor from my mouth.

"What's wrong?" My voice was shot.

"You have strep, well at least it looks like it" she sighed.

"The fuck?"

"You have white spots all over the back of your throat. Quite disgusting" she shook her head.

"What we gonna do?" I groaned.

"One stop talking, I'm going to make you some warm water with lemon and give you ibuprofen. To help ease the pain, but you need antibiotics so we're gonna have to go to the ER in the morning. I'll drop off Easton with Lisa, he can't be exposed to you. Easton might have to take a vacation to my parents or with your parents" Jay shook her head.

I wove my eyebrows together confused.

"He's too young babe, he can't get sick, he barely has all his shots. And this ain't a joke, this knocks wind out of people. That's why you've been feeling shitty. You're gonna have to postpone flying out. I need to clean the house from top to bottle with bleach" she laughed.

"You gonna take care of me?" I asked.

"Yes fool who the hell else is going to do that? I'm more concerned with getting my baby outta here away from you. And you always kissing him" she groaned.

I rolled my eyes.

"Stay in here, I'll get you your warm water" Jay got up from the bed, washed her hands and than walked out.

***

"Look as though your diagnosis was correct" the doctor looked over to Jay.

"You're lucky David, this looks like it would have been bad" he shook his head.

"I have two questions, we have an infant that might have been exposed but he doesn't have all his shots yet. Is there anything I can do just for precaution?" Jay asked.

"Keep him out the house, maybe at a relatives until than. Being that your exposed I would stay away from him as well. You should drink some vitamin c just to keep your immune system up" he advised her.

I pulled my hoody further down, I felt like shit and almost exposing my baby boy to some wack shit had me feeling low.

"It's okay baby, Easton could stay with my Mom, since I know no one has been exposed to that"

"Yeah a week of antibodies and he should be good" the doctor-said making me sigh.

"Thank you" Jay answered him.

I was exhausted and I couldn't swallow shit without it straining me.

"Come on papa" Jay tugged at me hoody.