Chapter 3

Dave

It was three days before Christmas and I had already done all the shopping I needed to do for gifts for the little ones and Jay. I sat in the crib with Easton who was left behind since it was brick city outside. Jay was out shopping with her mother and grandmother, they were going in since it was Easton's first Christmas.

I sat on the couch with Easton asleep on my chest, I scrolled through the channels on the television when I heard my phone go off. Picking it up, I realized it was Bully calling me.

"What up?" I answered.

"What you up to crazy?"

"Chillin with the little man" I laughed.

"Oh they left you with him already?" he laughed.

"I'm an expert nigga. Anyway! what do you want?"

"Ain't shit, I wanna hit up the club tonight, is you down?"

"The club ? Niggaaaaaaa" I chuckled.

"You can't hang no more Mister Mom?" Bully laughed on the other end.

"Man f you, I gotta wait for Jay to come back to the crib but I'm down, where you trynna go ?"

"Lust" he chuckled.

"The strip joint, boyyyyyyy" I shook my head.

Putting on my head phones and placing my phone in my pocket, I picked Easton in my arms and walked towards his bedroom. Placing in him the crib, I left the door cracked a little to hear him.

"You ain't married nigga, although I know you want to be" he joked.

"Man fuck you, I'm over that. Shorty gonna miss a good thing if she keep fucking with me" I laughed.

"Heard ju, so you rollin' or nah ?"

"I'm down, I need a drink or two a nigga passed his classes with flying colors"

"Litty, knew you could do it baby boy"

"Is Charlie on curfew still?"

My little brother Charlie has just gotten out back in October and was staying with my parents at the moment.

"Yeah nigga, you gonna have to do happy hour with homeboy" Bully joked.

"I cant stand you nigga" I laughed.

"We gotta do something though, just us three" I suggested.

"Word, I'm with it, I'mma take homie shopping for Christmas."

"Oh he allowing you to get him a gift?" I was curious.

"Well he knows he's at home with his christian parents" Bully joked.

"Let me know so I can go spend a band on my little nigga" I laughed.

"For sure, be ready by 10"

"Heard ju, hopefully my baby mama is home by then"

****

"Hey babe" Jay walked in with mad bags and I knew half that shit was for her closet.

"What's up boo?" I kissed her lips.

"Oh I see you using the carrier" she clowned me for having Easton in the carrier.

"Made life a little easy, little man sleeps more than a damn bear" I shook my head.

"He has to grow" she smirked.