Chapter 33

Dave

I sat on the balcony attached to my room, I looked out to the beautiful city that was in front of me.

I couldn't sleep well since I got here and even though I wanted to blow up Jays phone, I knew I couldn't. Watching her get emotional about me, broke my heart. The fact that someone had disturbed her peace and ultimately my own as well had me on fire.

"Hey" Olivia broke my concentration.

"What"s up?" I looked back at her.

"How's home base?"

"From Charlie's point of view everything is okay, baby boy is fine. He said Jay has been studying and finishing up for the end of the semester."

"And Jay's point of view?"

"I can't get through to her no more, it's like she doesn't want to speak on anything"

"How's babygirl doing?"

"Out of town with her mother, thank god" I sighed in relief.

"You still thinking of staying in the game?"

"Until I kill that nigga I'm stuck in this"

"Maybe not stuck" Olivia took a seat.

"Whachu mean not stuck?"

"You smart, you can make this work for you but you need to figure out all your loose ends here and definitely take care of homeboy back in Philly" Olivia looked at me.

I couldn't read her and at this point I wasn't going to try and figure it out. I had to be on my best behavior out here and show these old cats why I was the perfect choice. I had no idea what kind of games Tony was playing but the one that involved my kids was going to cost him his life.

"One minute you on me about making this my priority next minute you telling me I gotta figure out my next move. I thought my next move was Cuba" I eyed her.

"Look, I may never understand what exactly you're going through because I have no kids and I don't have to answer to no one but Frank. But at the end of the day I know what's right and what's wrong, I may not like or understand your little girlfriend but no woman should ever be threaten by a grown ass man like that at the fucking park. She's not equipped for this life and you knew that from jump, I respect you trying to keep her out of it but she needs to be more involved if you decide to stay in this game"

"After that encounter I don't think she'll even stay around to make it work with me" shook my head.

"She's scared, she just got pressed by an older white man. Her father is a cop and she can't even tell him without getting you involved or into trouble. She's at a cross road of fear and love, which honestly if you ask me she loves you more than she's scared."

"How you figure?" I lit my blunt back up again.

"She's smart, she came to you after the incident which tells me she learned a thing or two from her op ass dad. She knew if he got to me, he got to you. Her showing up was trying to figure out if you were alive and if you were, you were gonna get an ear full. But if you weren't she knew she was gonna have to lay low and tell her father. She's definitely annoyed by your ass but she don't hate you." She laughed.

"So now you know my baby moms" I looked at Olivia funny.

"I don't know her, I just know I am a woman and I've been in love before. I know how a woman in love moves, especially when there's a child involved."

"I know she loves me I just think it's the same anymore. I completely lost all her trust."

"Nah, you haven't. If you did she wouldn't be staying with your brother and homeboy in rotation at your crib. She strikes me as too fucking smart to keep herself in harms way. She would have dipped." Olivia shrugged her shoulders.