Chapter 10

Dave

"Listen Dave, Olivia has been with me for years. She knows my connects, how I conduct business and she's there to be a guide. But you're going to be building your own connects, and meeting new people from all over. You need someone to be at your side. Not necessarily a man, because your at home guys are your trusted few. But Olivia is suppose to be a good deviation or distraction to your counterpart." Frank tried to explain.

"I never left for a business meet with out a woman at my side. And let's face it your girl at home is not the one you take on trips like these or business meetings like the ones we go on. That's your trophy that you leave at home and make sure her bank account never empty. This line of work is never going to work with the type of woman you have at home. She's not equipped for this or conditioned. Liv is, she's been in the game since she was 18. She know a thing or two." He continues to talk.

"I don't see why you have to convince him, this is how this shit works" Olivia rolled her eyes, I guess getting aggy at me.

I furrowed my eyebrows looking at her like she lost her mind too.

"With all due respect shorty, if you gonna be rolling with me I need to know why the fuck you need to be included. Obviously you need me more than I need you"

"Don't be talking to me like I'm some hoe and you my pimp"

"Aye aye" Frank interrupted our little moment.

"I ain't call you out your name" I defended.

"Like I said Frank, fuck are you wasting your time trying to explain to him my position. I've done deals for you with out you being involved. Fuck this nigga and give me the job, make me Queen."

"Frank get your shorty" I spoke up.

"Frank doesn't need to get me for shit. I run the show when he ain't around, nigga sign deals and shake hands with me."

"So if you so pressed why you even here if you ain't get the job"

"Because men are always going to want to deal with men" Frank interrupted our mini argument.

"So you just a little sex symbol that travels with me?" I asked annoyed.

"Frank, get your mans" Olivia took a sip of her wine glass.

"Listen here you two. Dave this is what it is, I like you I see a young me in you. You've done time for ain't shit nigga and kept your composure and clout. I like that. You've also created and kept all the heat in New York to yourself and with Max gone, you getting into work with Miguel ensures all of Brooklyn for you. But Olivia knows how's shit works and runs on this side of things, I trust her to be your sidekick. She's leaving me to help guide you and also make sure we all make money the right way around here. I don't expect y'all to like each other but y'all gonna get along. Because a snake can smell a rift between a couple or business partners from a mile away. Use that shit against you and one of you ends up dead." Frank took the last swing of his drink.

"How the fuck do I explain Olivia to my girl who doesn't know I got the ultimate promotion." I looks at Frank.

"You don't. Dave, in this business's you're family is a phantom, no ones ever heard of them or seen them. You protect your throne at all times and by that you keep your girl out the loop. If you go down, you go down alone. I suggest you open a bank account for your kids and throw cash in there little by little. The type of flow you gonna get, you gonna need to hide some" He laughed.

This was all too much for me to handle at the moment. I had to keep Olivia being my new fucking coworker a secret and the entire game. I knew keeping my King Pin status down but the game has changed with the new rules I was given.