Chapter 16

Dave

Walking into the house I immediately scrunched up my nose. Jay was definitely throwing down in the kitchen. I walked towards the back and found little man sitting in his bouncer watching some cartoons. I bent down and kissed his forehead and decided to go check up on my other baby.

Walking into the kitchen, Jay sported some shorts and a long sleeve shirt. Walking up behind her I wrapped my arms around her, causing her to jump.

"You scared me" she laughed.

"My bad, what you in here cooking?"

"I almost made fried pork chops, almostttttt" she laughed.

"But?" I looked at her funny.

"I remember who I lived with so I decided on a pastelon" she gleamed.

"I haven't had that in years" My eyes grew wide.

Jay turned around and faced me, kissing my lips softly, I smiled.

"What you want?" I looked down at her.

"I have to want something in order to give you a kiss?" She laughed.

"No, but you in here cooking meals I haven't had in forever, in booty shorts ... what you want ?"

"I don't want nothing Dave, I can't just be?"

"Yeah you can, but you want something. Anyway are you ever going to put back on your ring?" I asked, remembering I wanted to ask her about that.

"Maybe, depends on how well you behave" she joked.

"On how well I behave? Oh you got me fucked up"

"So do you" she replied, turning back to the dishes.

"How so?"

"I don't feel on elaborating on how we can't seem to be on the same page anymore but you know why"

"I told you we ain't always gonna be on the same wave"

"Yeah I know, you do you and I'll do me" she turned her attention back to the dishes.

"Wait, what?" I stopped walking.

"You do you and I'll do me Dave, we ain't always gonna be on the same page nor do we have to be. I heard JU, I understand it. Got it" she shrugged.

"Are you trying to be funny?" I asked.

"No, I'm being serious ..."

"What the fuck do you mean you do you and I do me ?" I took a seat at the kitchen table.

"You have your way of doing things and I have mine. That's all papa" she finally turned off the faucet and dried her hands.

"That shit don't sound like that's all" She really just pissed me off.

She leaned up against the kitchen island and looked over to me with an unreadable expression.

"How was your day?" She asked me.

"Good, I got a lot of shit done" I was still annoyed by her comment.

Jay picked up her curly hair and threw it up into a messy bun as she walked over to me. Taking a seat in my lap, facing me, I sensed she could tell I was annoyed.

"What's up papa?"

"I should ask you the same thing" I looked at her blankly.

"I'm good baby, Easton had fun today with my godmother" she wrapped her arms around my neck.