Chapter 22

Janae

"Lisa! Get off him!" I pulled Lisa by the arm as she shook Dave.

"You in here fighting each other ?!" She snapped to look at me.

"It was an accident !" Dave chimed in.

"Lisa!" I spoke again.

Lisa finally stop trying to strangle Dave and got off of him, fixing herself she stood back and looked at us.

"I try not to get involved in you two business, I really don't. But you always come to me for advice and as your older cousin I try to make sense of what your young mind is up to and thinking" she looked at me.

"But y'all both got me fucked up!" She barked at both of us.

Dave had gotten up and handed me a towel to wipe my mouth and hand.

"You two need a reality check. The reality is you two barely fucking know each other so it seems! But y'all clearly love each other so fucking much. So much you creative a beautiful little human being who does not need to be around all this negative energy!" Lisa shook her head.

"Dave, what you did was fucked up and selfish and even still I think Jay is being irrational. Jay your 22 I get it, you don't have shit figured out and you're trying for the sake of this relationship and East. But you can't just shut down and walk away all the time" Lisa continued.

"You two are too head strong and stubborn. Too independent for one another. Maybe ya do need time apart because shit always hits the fan when y'all not seeing eye to eye" she shook her head.

I looked down at my feet, she made me feel small, I never wanted her to feel like she had to step in. I only asked her to come along as support, in case I broke down and decided to just say fuck it and stay. Knowing it wouldn't be a good idea either way.

"What the fuck happened I'm fucking shaking because your holding your mouth looking crazy"

"She mushed my head into the fucking door and out of reflex I elbowed her back forgetting she's shorter than me" Dave shook his head.

"I'm sorry" he looked at me and I looked back at him.

"Jay?!" Lisa looked at me.

"I apologize I shouldn't have put my hands on you"

"Now I want to go because my blood is boiling and I don't want to be near you two any longer. So Jay I'll be waiting outside by your car" Lisa rolled her eyes.

Lisa walked out the room and we heard when the front door opened and closed. I slowly faced Dave again with my busted lip throbbing.

"You want some ice?" He looked at me.

I nodded my head yes.

We both walked out the bedroom and I followed behind as he entered the kitchen. Dave grabbed a zip lock bag, filled it up with ice and placed it on my bottom lip.

He was close enough to smell his cologne, there was an awkward silence between us.

"I really am sorry" he broke the silence.

I could only nod, I was still so upset with him, I love him but he was aggravating.

"I gotta go, I'll be here to pick up Easton on Wednesday" I try to rush out his presence.

"Come Jay, please don't do this" he looked at me.

I shook my head and lowered it, I knew if I didn't show him what life was without me, he'd always do him.