Chapter 42

Janae

"Do you miss him?" Olivia asked me.

We sat by the pool watching the sunset, letting the cool breeze hit us.

"I do" I took a sip of my drink.

"How do two crazy in love people end up mad all the time and in separate apartments ?" Olivia waited for answer.

"I just needed to get away and start deciding for myself. I tried to compromise with him, come to decisions with him but all along he was doing the upmost behind my back. " I shook my head .

"He's good at what he does" Olivia looked at me.

"Is he? Because a whole ass man I've never seen or met before tried to kill me" I eyed her.

"Not every one falls in line for a young buck, East isn't necessarily a newbie but he's envied due to extensive knowledge of the game, being young and the trust he has with Frank"

"Doesn't make it sound any better"

"No but I feel like you should know what kind of status and position he has, most men in his position don't tell they're "wives" anything. Usually it's because it's a girl that's already use to the lifestyle and she knows how to play her part in the background"

"Well I'm sorry I'm the daughter of a cop"

"He's not sorry and neither should you. Yes it sounds weird but that's why he keeps his private life, well private. It took you to be walked up on for me to finally hear about you and his children. He kept you under wraps for your protection but also for his"

"How can I protect him? I can barely get him to listen to me"

"They threaten you, they threaten him. They hurt you, they hurt him. They touch you, he goes ape shit. Anything happens to you has an immediate effect on him. In his mind, he left you at home with his son, doing school work or mom things. The moment your identity is uncovered and you are threaten is a moment he realizes someone is too close for comfort." Olivia explained herself.

"But he knew this could happen"

"Yes but no one expects one of their own men to fall out of line, an enemy yes but a worker ? Never."

"Never say never" I took another sip of my drink.

"Of course but still. There are codes of ethic and morals to be followed in this game and family is never to be played with especially children."

"I'm kind of happy Mia wasn't approached too or attacked" I shrugged.

"I'm sure he is too, how are you holding up?"

"I'm okay, he was trying to keep me motivated with going outside but that kind of fell through"

"Yeah, he told me ... he's backwards but like I said everything he's doing is for your safety. He loves you and his kids more than his life and I know you don't want to know about his will but it definitely shows you that he loves you a WHOLE lot" Olivia laughed.

"He always thinks money is going to make me feel better" I laughed too, shaking my head.

"I don't think you know how much of it he has because, oooouu child" Olivia fanned herself.

"Money isn't going to give my son a new father if he doesn't make it or heal the pain of losing him."

"Shit over time you'll be like 'Thank you East!' in the south of France drinking wine and eating cheese" Olivia joked.

"You too much" I laugh.

"Look, his kids mean the world to him. He has two carbon copies of him and he don't know how to act, so forgive him he a little for being overly ambitious for his children."