Chapter 27

Dave

"You sure you should be here?" Charlie asked me as we parked the car.

I was heading to Jay's housewarming with Charlie in toll. He didn't want to show up with me for fear of being the big bad wolf but I explained to him that the roll was taken by me.

He would just have to say he used me for a ride. I unlocked the doors and popped open the trunk and grabbed my gift. Charlie had gotten Easton a couple books for his new bookshelf in his new room.

"You think she gonna be mad ?"

"On fire but she ain't gonna let anyone see her sweat" I laughed.

We walked into the gated community and I followed behind Charlie, as we both went up the stairs, Charlie rang the doorbell. We could hear music and loud chatter, the door began to unlock and King appeared in the doorway.

"Oh helllllllll fucking no!" He greeted us.

"Hello to you too King!" I smirked.

"Who is it?" I heard someone ask.

"The thunder cat and his kitten brother!" King said as he left the door open for us to walk in.

"How you deal with this nigga?" Charlie asked.

"He's funny as hell, I just let him slide with the slick comments"

"Thunder cat?" I heard Jay ask.

"What's up family?!" I greeted everyone that stood or sat in Jay's new living room.

Jay's face dropped as she stared at me, I smiled and handed her the gift I bought her, she reluctantly grabbed it. I looked around the room and walked over to who was holding Easton. I bent down and started talking to him and he began to giggle. He wiggled in her Jay's friends lap, trying to get to me.

"Let me go wash my hands" I smiled as I got up.

"Where you bathroom?" I asked.

"Back at your house, in your home" King called out.

"Whose mans is this?" Charlie asked out loud.

"Jay's mans who knows how to hold water. Clearly you don't" King shot at Charlie.

"King stop it" Jay handed him the gifts she held in her hand.

"I'll show you" She snared at me.

"Charlie there's food in the dining room and all kinds of drinks at the bar" she pointed to the kitchen area.

She turned back to me and rolled her eyes. Walking ahead of me, I follows behind her. She opened a door that lead to a half bath. As I walked in, she pushed me and closed the door.

"Damn if you wanted some all you had to do was ask"

"Boy bye, I don't want none of nothing. What the hell are you doing at my house?!" She asked me.

"I'm here for the house warming"

"Who the hell told you where I live ?" She asked in all seriousness.

"Don't worry about it I'm here, now can I wash my hands so I can go pick up my son" I looked down at her.

"You can say hi and bye. You have to go" she rolled her eyes.

"Why I gotta go?"

"Because you were not invited" she crossed her arms.

"Okay and? I'm here now" I laughed.

"And you can leave now" she countered.

"What's the big deal Jay? I'm here trying to support your accomplishment"