Chapter 4

Dave

I was up early in the kitchen Christmas morning. I had decided I was going to make breakfast for the family and have Easton formula warmed.

I was busting down in the kitchen all by myself, the babies were still sleeping and Jay was asleep as well. I had set the table in our dining room area and began getting the food out.

This was our second Christmas together for me and Jay. But it was our first one as a family and Easton's first Christmas. I was excited even though he couldn't open anything as of yet.

As I went to grab the champagne out the fridge I heard crying from Kaiya's room letting me know she was up. I walked over to her room and opened her door.

Seeing her standing in her crib with watery eyes I shook my head and kissed her forehead.

"Hey mama"

"Dada"

"What happened? Dada here"

She shook her head and buried her face into my chest.

"Come on baby lets go brush your teeth and go eat okay?"

After I finished cleaning up Kaiya, we walked into Easton's room. We walked near the crib and he laid there wide awake playing with his hands. I laughed a little and shook my head, I knew any minute homie would have started crying.

Kaiya pointed to Easton and then looked at me.

"That's your baby brother Easton" I smiled at her.

"Dada?" She pointed to him.

"Easton, say it baby. Eas • ton"

She shook her head and laughed.

"You got plenty of time to say his name. But isn't he cute mama? You gotta protect your little brother as you guys get older okay?"

"Come on mama, imma get Easton ready too"

Jay had gotten the kids Christmas morning pajamas for photo purposes. So I was currently changing East diaper and putting him in his pjs.

Carrying in Easton in the body carrier and holding Kaiya's little hand, we all entered me and Jay's bedroom. Finding the bed made up, Jay walked out the bathroom.

"Look at y'all!" Jay got excited.

"Merry Christmas babies" Jay bent down and hugged Kaiya, picking her up.

"Merry Christmas crazy" I kissed her lips.

"The kids and I made breakfast"

"And my house still in tact" she joked.

"Yeah, yeah, come on"

***

"Babe put on the Christmas hat"

Jay looked at me as I sat by the tree with Easton in my arm and Kaiya in my lap. She was taking a thousand and one pictures of me and the kids.

"Come on, let me take pictures of you and Easton"

Jay rolled her eyes and put down the camera. I took a few pictures of her and Easton together. Than she took some with both Kai and East.

"Now just you girls"

I placed Easton in the bassinet next to me as I took pictures of Jay and Kaiya.

"You know what I've been thinking about what Kaiya would call you"

"Jay?" Jay laughed.

"You sure?"

"We don't have to confuse her, as she gets older we can tell her I'm Jay."