Chapter 39

Omniscient

Philly, 7:30 AM

He always rose before the sun would rise, if you lived the life he lived you would be up before anyone else was.

He sat at the kitchen table watching the morning news, he knew this would be the only time of the day no one was calling him and or in need of him.

He shook his head at what the news anchor was speaking on. Another couple young men dead in the city.

"No moral code" he spoke out loud.

These young cats out here didn't know how to play the game anymore and they got in their feelings too quickly and hot headed too damn fast.

His cell phone began to ring breaking his concentration. He answered it hoping it wasn't bad news.

"Hello?"

"What do you mean she's gone?" He asked with a confused look on his face.

"She skipped town or she's dead?"

"What do you mean you don't know, what are y'all doing not to know enough?!" He was getting angry now.

"I need to know if she skipped town or if she's dead!"

He hung up the phone, annoyed with the miscommunication and no real information.

Knocking someone off was not an easy feat but it was all he really knew and he was good at it. But this one had to hit home in order to speak volumes.

Dave
Lower East Side, 1pm

"So you did the upmost to get her back and now you letting her go? Like it's a damn job" Olivia looked at me sideways and started laughing.

"It's not funny Olivia, I had to do it. I'm not in a good position right now and I can't be the man she needs me to be at this moment. "

It had been two weeks since I told Jay we should go our separate ways. I had been staying at my parents crib to just clear my head and give her space. I had showed up a total of 3 times to see Easton. But I kept Lu and Charlie in rotation with her but we needed to not be up under each other. 

"News flashhhhh, you never were playboy" she laughed once again.

"You really think a 22 year old was going to hold you down ? You had high hopes I see" she continued.

"She has held me down, I haven't held her down like I should and I definitely cannot at this time" I shook my head.

"I hope you know what you're doing, because once a good girl gone, she gone forever" Olivia eyed me.

"Listen she ain't gonna do nothing wild but take care of my son."

"I didn't say she was, after all I don't know her from a hole in the wall" She rolled her eyes, repeating the same words I said to her when her and Jay first met.

"I did it for her protection but we need this time apart. I have to be level headed and she's needs to gain her strength back"

I looked behind me and saw Robert coming up to me and Olivia. He looked like he had bad news and I wasn't ready for whatever it was he had to say.

"What's up" I looked at Rob hoping to not hear some crazy shit.

"Somebody just bodied ole boy's son"

Olivia looked at me and I looked back at her.

"Dave you didn't" She shook her head.

"I have no clue what's going on, what do you mean someone bodied his son ?"