Chapter 4 "Keep The Faith"

Squad makes their way down the street, back to the Firehouse.
Severide sees that Shaylynn's car is parked out front.
As Tony pulls the Squad truck into the driveway, they see the ambulance leave with the lights and sirens going and everyone standing out in the stalls.
Boden sees the Squad truck, he steps forward as Tony pulls the truck into the stall, "Follow 61! Shaylynn's in premature labor!"
Tony drives through the stall as quick as possible. Once back outside, he turns the lights and sirens on, pulls out onto the street, speeding away catching up with 61.
Dawson looks out the back windows, holding Shaylynn's hand, she looks back at her, "Kelly's behind us" she tells Shaylynn.

Pulling up in front of the ED doors, Dawson gets ready to open the back doors to the ambulance, but Severide beats her to it.
He helps Dawson take the gurney out of the ambulance. Once the gurney's out, Severide grabs Shaylynns hand.
"I'm here, Babe!" he tells Shaylynn trying to keep her calm.
Shaylynn doesn't say anything to Severide. At this time all she can do is squeeze his hand.
As they push Shaylynn into the ED, Maggie meets them at the doors, "Take her straight up to the Maternity Wing!" she tells them.
Dawson and Severide rush past Maggie, to the elevator.
Making it to the Maternity wing, they're met by a couple of nurses and Shaylynn's doctor.
"We'll take her from here!" the doctor tells Dawson and Severide as the nurses grab onto the gurney and rush Shaylynn to a room.
"Have a seat! I'll be out and let you know what's going on!" the doctor tells Severide as he rushes to Shaylynn's room.
"Sylvie, I'm staying up here with Kelly" Dawson radios to Brett.
"Okay! I'll be up after I move the ambulance" Brett radios back.
Severide and Dawson sit down.
Dawson looks over at Severide, his face showing signs of worry about his wife and unborn babies.

She sees tears making their way down his cheeks. He bends over and puts his face into his hands.
Dawson puts her hand on his back, "The doctor will stop the contractions! You have to keep the faith!"
The elevator door opens, Brett and the other Squad guys get off. They see Severide with his face in his hands. All of them quietly walk up to him, pat him on the back, and sit down.
Dawsons phone rings, she stands up, and walks away to take the call.
"Gabby, how are you?" Casey asks her.
"I'm fine! But I'm not pregnant with multiples like Shaylynn" she tells Casey.
"Just take it easy! I don't need you in the hospital too!" Casey tells her, "We'll try and be there as soon as we can! We just got a call!"
"Stay safe! I love you!" Dawson tells Casey.
"I will! I love you, too!" Casey tells her hanging up.
Not knowing if anyone has called Hank and Sam, Dawson calls them to let them know about Shaylynn being in the hospital.

Thirty minutes goes by, but it seems like forever to Severide, when the doctor finally comes walking out.
The doctor walks out to see a waiting room full of Firefighters. Boden and the others showing up ten minutes before hand. Along with Hank and the Intelligence unit, Sam and Stone. Even Benny is there.
"Would you like to talk privately?" the doctor asks Severide.
"No, it's alright! They're all family!" Severide tells the doctor.
The doctor nods at Severide, "Alright! I gave her magnesium sulfate to stop the contractions. Right now, things are touch and go."
"Can I go back?" Severide asks the doctor with a pitiful look.
"Sure, room 209" the doctor tells him.
Severide turns around and looks at everyone before he starts walking back.