Chapter 14 "CPD!"

"Hank, you need to back up and go back to the car!" Alvin tells him, "We'll take care of things!" he says looking over at Antonio.
Hank backs up and starts walking away.
Antonio looks back into the trunk and performs the sign of the cross.
"We have our work cut out for us!" Alvin tells Antonio.
"Who's going to tell Shaylynn and Kelly?" Antonio questions.
"Maybe we should send Burgess and Upton for that" Alvin says to Antonio.
Antonio is looking around and sees a black SUV sitting at the end of the parking lot, "I don't think Burgess and Upton are going to be needed!" he tells Alvin.
"Why's that?" Alvin asks.
"I have a feeling Shaylynn will be here soon!" Antonio says pointing to the black SUV.
Alvin looks to where Antonio is pointing, "This isn't going to be good!"

Five minutes later, Shaylynn's SUV speeds into the parking lot, barely missing a patrol car.
She hurries out of the SUV and starts running over to where the car is.
In the knick of time, Antonio is able to grab ahold of her before she gets all the way up to the car.
"ANTONIO, LET GO OF ME!" she shouts at him.
"Shaylynn, I can't do that!" Antonio tells her.
Shaylynn's able to see into the trunk a little, she stops fighting against Antonio. He can feel her body go limp. She turns around toward him, puts her face into his chest, and starts crying uncontrollably. Antonio wraps his arms around her while he looks around for Hank.
He spots Hank over by a patrol car. Thankfully, Hank looks over at the right time so Antonio doesn't have to yell at him.
Hank starts walking over to Antonio and Shaylynn. When he reaches them, Antonio gives Shaylynn over to him.
Hank wraps his arms around her, she continues crying into his chest.

A couple of weeks have went by.
Autopsies were performed on Damian and Saraya. It was determined they were poisoned by the fumes from the chemicals in the trunk.
Shaylynn was able to track down the people who own the plot next to Marshall and Kelly Jr.
She offers them double for what they paid for the plot so Damian and Saraya can be buried by their brother.
They have a graveside funeral, just like they did for Kelly Jr.

A couple of more weeks go by.
Shaylynn receives a call from Maroon 5's manager, asking her if she could help out with security. She gladly accepts knowing that Maroon 5 is Austin's favorite band and there's a very good chance the asshole will be at their concert.
By accepting, their manager gives her tickets to prime seats for friends.

The night of the concert has arrived.
Shaylynn has invited Dawson, Kidd, Brett, Sam, Burgess, and Upton to come along.
Casey is home with Leslie and invited Severide to come over and watch a game with him.
The tickets Shaylynn received are for the front row. Before the concert begins, Shaylynn tells Adam Levine that in the front are her friends who are Firefighters, Paramedics, and Police Officers, along with her sister who's with the FBI.
During the concert, he announces that there are some women First Responders in the audience, then invites them up on stage to dance with him during "Moves Like Jagger".
The concert ends.
Unfortunately, there was no sign of Austin.
As they leave the United Center, the ladies decide to drive over to The Ogden Chicago to get something to eat.
On the way to the sports bar, Sam tries to break the awkward silence, seeing that it's only her and Shaylynn in the SUV.
"How are things between you and Kelly?" Sam asks Shaylynn.
"Things are weird! When he's off, he disappears for hours. When he comes home, he acts like he's in pain and goes upstairs. He acts like he's scared to talk to me! Doesn't he realize I'm grieving also!" Shaylynn tells Sam.
Passing Ogden Chicago, the ladies circle the block a few times. Parking is limited, so they have to park a ways away and walk to the sports bar.
While walking to the bar, Dawson calls Casey.
"Hello!"
"Concert's over. We're going to get something to eat" Dawson tells him.
"Alright" Casey says.
"So tell Kelly what we're up to" she says.
"He's not here!" Casey tells her.
Dawson seems surprised, "Wasn't he suppose to come over to watch a game?"
"Yes, but he never showed up" he tells her.
"Okay, I'll see you in a little bit" Dawson says, "Love you!"
"Love you, too!" Casey says and hangs up.
Getting closer to the sports bar, the ladies in the lead stop suddenly. Shaylynn and Sam aren't paying any attention since their talking and run into the back of them.
"What's the deal?" Sam asks.
Dawson turns around, "Let's find a different place to eat!" she tells Shaylynn and Sam.
"Forget it! We're already here!" Shaylynn says walking past Dawson and the other ladies.
Then she sees it, two women helping Severide out of a car. They then lead him into a condominium complex that's a few doors down from the bar.
Shaylynn's HOT! Her blood is boiling!
"Did it look like he was drugged to anyone else?" Shaylynn questions.
"It sure did! As long as I've known Kelly I've never seen him need help getting out of car, let alone by two women!" Dawson tells her.
"Something is going on!" Shaylynn says turning around looking at Sam, Burgess, and Upton, "Kim, Hailey, did you two bring your guns?" she asks them.
Both of them shake their heads 'no', "We didn't think we would need them going to a concert!" Burgess tells her.
"Sam and I won't be enough not knowing what might be in the condo! We'll need backup!" Shaylynn says looking at Sam, Sam pulls out her phone.
"While Sam and I wait, you ladies go inside and get something to eat!" Shaylynn tells them.
They all give Shaylynn a look, "Ladies, inside! That way Sam and I know where you are!"
All of them look at each other, turn toward the door of sports bar, and walk in.
Eight minutes later, Hank and Antonio pull up and get out.
"Do you know what condo they went too?" Hank asks Shaylynn.
"No clue!" she tells him as she and Sam follow him and Antonio to the condominiums.
"You two stay out here!" Hank tells his daughters.
"Not a chance!" they both say in unison.
With Hank in the lead he walks in first, and up to the security guard, "The two women helping a man inside, what condo did they go to?" Hank asks the guard showing him his badge.
The guard looks over at Antonio and sees his gun, "Condo 20!"
All four of them walk past the guard, heading toward the stairwell.
Making it to the second floor, they find condo 20. Hank puts his ear up to the door and hears talking inside.
He nods to Antonio, "CPD!" Antonio yells and kicks the door open.
Hank and Antonio rush into the condo first.

Two women stand up from the couch, trying to put their clothes on, while a male figure runs out onto the balcony and jumps off

"That's Austin!" Shaylynn yells.
Antonio and Hank storm past her so they can chase after him, leaving Sam and Shaylynn alone in the condo with the two women.
"Do you have them?" Shaylynn asks Sam.
"Yes!" Sam tells her.
"KELLY!" Shaylynn yells as she slowly walks through the condo, opening doors, searching through rooms.
The last room she comes to, she finds Severide laying on a bed with his hands zip tied behind his back, "Kelly!" she says rushing over to him, putting her Sig back into it's holster.
Pulling him up, she hears him grunt, "Lay me back down!" he tells her.
She does what he asks, "What's wrong?" Shaylynn asks.
"The room is spinning!" he tells her.
Shaylynn pulls out her phone.
"Hello"
"Gabby, I need you!" Shaylynn tells her.
"Are you okay?" Dawson asks.
"I'm fine! Kelly's not!" she tells Dawson.
"Where are you?" Dawson asks.
"In condo 20, second floor!" Shaylynn tells her.
"I'm on my way!" Dawson says.
Five minutes later, Dawson's knocking on the door with Kidd, Burgess, Brett, and Upton behind her.
Burgess, Upton, and Kidd head into the living space where Sam is holding the two women at gunpoint, while Dawson and Brett follow Shaylynn.
They walk into the room Severide's in, Dawson and Brett quickly walk over to him.
Dawson looks at his eyes, "He's pretty drugged!" she tells Shaylynn, "Who did you find in here when you came?" she asks.
"Those two women and Austin were in here! He ran out onto the balcony and jumped! Hank and Antonio went after him!" Shaylynn tells her, "Unfortunately we couldn't have been on the 3rd or 4th floor! I would've loved if he broke his neck!"
Brett walks out of the room and heads to the bathroom to see if she can find anything that might have been used to drug Severide. When she doesn't, she walks out to the living space and sees two purses on a table. She looks in one and finds nothing. Looking in the next one, Brett finds a syringe. Walking back to the room Brett calls for an ambulance. Once she reaches the room, she tells Dawson she found what could've been used to drug Severide and that she called for an ambulance.
Ten minutes later, the ambulance shows up.
They get Severide onto a stair chair and start heading down. On the way out of the condo, Shaylynn gives Sam her SUV keys. She walks out of the condo, catching up with the paramedics.
Five minutes after Shaylynn leaves, Hank and Antonio return with a few uniformed officers. The officers take the women away.
"What happened to Austin?" Sam asks.
"He got away!" Hank says pissed off.
"He had a motorcycle stashed a block from here. With his head start, by the time we caught up with him, we watched him take off!" Antonio tells her.
"WAS Kelly in here?" Hank asks Sam.
"Yes! He was drugged! He's now on his way to Med" she tells him.

At Med, the syringe was tested to see what Severide was drugged with. Dr. Halstead then administers another drug to counteract the other one.
Dr. Halstead comes out of Severides room and comes face to face with Shaylynn, "How is he?" she asks.
"He's going to be fine! The other drug needs time to work" Dr. Halstead tells her, "I would say in 48 hours he can go home."
Shaylynn smiles at him, "Thank you, Will!"
Dr. Halstead smiles back at her, then starts walking down the hallway.
Shaylynn walks into Severide's room and sees he's laying on his side. She walks over to a chair that's beside his bed. Sitting down, she looks at him, his back facing her.
Shaylynn sees something and can't figure out what it is. She stands up and walks over to his bed.
Moving his hospital gown a little, she sees something on his back.
A tattoo.