Chapter 11 "We'll Always Be Family"

Sam hurries over to Shaylynn, "What are you doing here?" Sam asks.
"I was helping!" Shaylynn tells her sister.
"I really wish you weren't here!" Sam tells Shaylynn.
"Why's that?" Shaylynn asks as Adam Quinn walks over.
"What the hell do you think you're doing here?" Quinn asks in a pissed off tone.
"I was helping! What's the deal with you coming at me like this?!" Shaylynn asks Quinn.
"You're suppose to be on leave! Not running around shooting up buildings!" he tells her.
Shaylynn walks up on Quinn, "Listen! You came to me! I didn't come to you! Why wasn't the ATF and FBI here to begin with? Bombs went off inside and armed gunmen were shooting people! They also were trying to keep people from leaving the building, MY FAMILY! I'll be damned if I stand by and let that happen while the ATF and the FBI sit on their asses!" Shaylynn yells at Quinn.
Sam turns around and looks at the big black truck. She sees Butch, Rob, Dan, and Dave watching with very angry looks on all their faces.
"Let's go!" she tells Quinn grabbing his arm.
Quinn and Sam walk away as Butch and the others walk over to Shaylynn.
"You okay?" Rob asks her.
"Yes! Quinn is a total PRICK!" she tells Rob.
"What was his problem?" Dan asks.
"He was pissed because I was here helping!" Shaylynn tells him.
Butch gets a even bigger pissed off look on his face, turns around, and starts walking over to where Quinn is standing.
Shaylynn hurries and gets in front of him, "Oh no! This is my fight!"
Butch looks down at her, "You know, you can always come back and work with us! No matter what, we'll always be family!" he tells her.
Shaylynn smiles at him.
"We better be going" Rob says to Butch.
"Are you going to be okay?" Butch asks Shaylynn.
"Yes, I'll be fine! I'm going to Med, Gabby had her baby" she tells Butch.
Butch walks up to Shaylynn, puts his hands on her shoulders, and kisses her on the forehead, "If you need ANY help with Quinn, let me know!" he tells her.
"I will!" she tells him.
Butch walks past her, walking toward the truck.
Shaylynn watches as the guys get into the truck and drive away.
She walks over to her SUV, as she's about ready to get in the SWAT Commander walks up to her.
"Mrs. Severide, can I talk to you?" he asks her.
Shaylynn shuts the door, hoping this isn't going to be another conversation like the one with Quinn.
"Yes, what can I do for you Commander?" Shaylynn asks him.
"That was very impressive what you did! Just like that time with the kid that had the detonator to the truck bombs awhile back " he tells her.
"Thank you" she tells him waiting for the 'but'.
"I've been told you were a long range sniper in the Military, is that true?" the Commander asks her.
"Yes" Shaylynn tells him.
"If you decide to change jobs, SWAT could really use a person who has your skills!" he tells her, "I've taken up enough of your time! Here's my card if you would like to talk."
The SWAT Commander then walks away.
Shaylynn looks over at Quinn, maybe the ATF isn't the right fit for me, she thinks as she gets into her SUV.

Walking up to Med, Shaylynn sees Hank sitting on a bench waving her over, Great! Here we go, she thinks as she walks over to him.
She sits down on the bench beside Hank, "Good job!" he tells her.
She's surprised at his compliment.
Looking at her, Hank starts laughing, "Don't be surprised! You did what you had to do!"
"Quinn doesn't think so!" she tells him.
"He's a prick! Always has been! When I heard you took the job with the ATF I wondered how long it was going to take before the two of you butted heads" Hank says to her.
"Yeah, well I don't think the ATF is going to work out after all!" Shaylynn tells him.
"Really? What are you going to do? It's not like you have to work with the money you have" Hank says.
Shaylynn shakes her head, "You know I'm really sick and tired of people making remarks about my money! After Marshall died, I threw myself into my work! I worked my ASS off for the money I have! It wasn't just handed to me! People don't seem to realize, I know what's like to live paycheck to paycheck!"
Hank looks at her, "Alright! I was just saying!"
"I know, but it gets old! People talk about the house I bought! They make comments about the Ferrari that I bought, then when I found out I was pregnant, I donated it to the Children's Hospital to auction off. In the end, that Ferrari raised $2 million dollars. People don't realize the shit I had to go through to earn that money! I donate to all kinds of charities, but people don't want to focus on that. They just want to focus on the things I buy. Don't I deserve a few nice things in life?" she asks Hank.
While Shaylynn is talking to Hank, everyone from Firehouse 51 walks out of Med.
Severide looks over to see Shaylynn sitting on a bench with Hank, "I'll be right back!" he tells Capp.
Capp nods at him and watches as Severide walks over to Shaylynn.
"I see Kelly's walking over. So I'm going to go in and see Saraya and Damian" Hank tells Shaylynn as he stands up and Severide walks up to them.
"Bye!" Shaylynn says to Hank.
Severide sticks his hand out to her. Shaylynn looks at him while she puts her hand into his. He helps her stand up. Leading her over to the side of the building, they turn the corner.
Severide looks in front of them, then behind them and sees there's no one around. He pushes Shaylynn up against the wall and starts kissing her.
After a minute he backs up from her, "What was that for?" she asks him with a huge smile on her face.
"For getting us out of that building!" Severide tells her.
"But, I didn't get you out! Butch and the others did!" Shaylynn says.
"Shaylynn, you were as much a part of getting us out as they were!" he tells her.
"I'm sorry I wasn't here sooner! I got held up" she tells him.
Severide can sense something isn't right, "Is everything alright?" he asks her.
"Everything's fine. Quinn showed up with Sam, he and I had some words" Shaylynn tells him.
Shaylynn looks over to her right and sees that that Squad truck has backed up and the guys are looking at them.
"I think you need to go" she says nodding to the side.
Severide looks to the right, "Peeping Toms!" he says looking back at Shaylynn smiling, "Shift is up in the morning, I'll see you then" he tells her giving her one more kiss before walking away.
Shaylynn watches as Severide walks away to the Squad truck and gets in. He waves at her as Tony pulls away.
Walking back around to the front of Med, Shaylynn walks in and heads to the elevator.