Chapter 13 "Red Alert"

*~*~*~* Tomorrow's my husbands birthday.  That's the reason I'm putting this chapter up now.*~*~*~*

Back at Chicago Med, Shaylynn has been admitted.
They've put her into a room with a huge oxygen tent surrounding her bed.
Seeing that he was also in the military and knows a lot about toxic gases, Dr. Choi's her doctor.
He comes walking out of her room, "How is she?" Severide asks Dr. Choi.
"I won't be able to tell you anything until after 24 hours" Dr. Choi tells him.
A alarm goes off over the hospital's paging system.......

RED ALERT! RED ALERT! NURSERY!

Dr. Choi looks at Severide, "I have to go!" he says and takes off running.
Severide walks over to Shaylynn's door, opens it, and walks in.
Dr. Choi arrives at the nursery and sees that every security guard that's employed by the hospital is there along with Ms. Goodwin.
"What's going on?" he asks a doctor that's standing back out of the way.
"Some babies were taken out of the nursery and never came back" the doctor tells him.
Dr. Choi gives the doctor a very disturbed look and walks over to Ms. Goodwin. When he walks over to her, he can see that a nurse is sitting on a chair crying hysterically.
"Ms. Goodwin, is there anything I can help with?" Dr. Choi asks her.
"Ethan, have you been down in the ED most of the time?" Ms. Goodwin asks him.
"Yes, until I came up with Shaylynn" he tells her.
Ms. Goodwin gives him a surprised look, "She's here?"
"Yes, so is Kelly" he tells her giving her a confused look, "What's happened?"
"Damian and Saraya have been taken!" Ms. Goodwin tells him.
A terrified look comes across Dr. Choi's face, "We have to tell Kelly!" he says to her.
Dr. Choi looks past Ms. Goodwin, he sees all of the Intelligence Unit walking toward them, "Hank and his crew are here!" he tells her.
Ms. Goodwin gets a look of fear on her face. She can feel someone standing behind her, she turns around to come face to face with Hank.
"Ms. Goodwin" Hank says.
"Sergeant" she says back to him.
"What do you have for us?" Hank asks.
"Two babies have been taken. Their ankle bracelets haven't activated the alarm systems on the doors, so they still have to be in the hospital" she tells him.
"Which babies were taken?" Hank asks her.
"Maybe we should go to my office and talk" Ms. Goodwin says to him.
With her suggesting that they go to her office, raises his suspicions, "Which babies were taken?!" he asks more forcefully.
"Damian and Saraya" Dr. Choi tells him.
Hank feels his face become hot and Antonio can see it, "How about we step back and go over and talk to the nurse" he suggests to Hank.
Hank takes a few steps back, he starts walking over to the nurse. Antonio, Halstead, and Rixton follow behind him while the others talk to others who might have witnessed what happen.
When they walk up to the nurse, she's still crying hysterically. Halstead sits down and puts his arm around her.
"SSSHHH! Calm down. We need your help. We need you to tell us everything that happened" Halstead says to her.
The nurse takes a few deep breaths and wipes her eyes, "I was in the nursery when a doctor walks in. I asked him what I could do for him and he said he was the new resident Pediatrician. That he was to take the Severide babies to have final tests down. He took their bassinet and left. That was over an hour ago" she tells them.
Hank looks over to Antonio and Rixton, "Search the stairwells, basement, EVERY place that's out of the way, especially places that don't have cameras."
Antonio and Rixton take off, taking Atwater and Alvin with them.
"Would you remember this guy if you saw him?" Hank asks her.
The nurse shakes her head 'yes'.
Hank takes his phone out of his pocket, he pulls up a picture and shows it to her, "Is this the guy who said he was the resident Pediatrician?"