Chapter 10 "You Don't Work With Us Anymore"

When Squad 3 gets to the call at 190 West Adams Street, they see a high rise building's top floors have collapsed onto the floors below.
All of Squad hurries out of the truck, meeting up with the rest of 51. Looking around, Severide sees four other Firehouses are here along with the Fire Commissioner.
"This is going to be a very dangerous and time sensitive rescue getting people out of the building!" the Commissioner tells everyone.
"We're ready to go!" Severide shouts out.
The rest of the Squad crew agreeing.
"51, everyone use your instincts! If something doesn't seem right, get out of there!" Boden tells them.
All of 51 heads into the building.

At Med, Shaylynn is getting ready to leave. Going through the ED, she stops and talks to Maggie.
Maggie starts getting alerts that a massive amount of ambulances will be coming.
The first one arrives, the paramedics bring in the patient.
"What's going on?" Maggie asks them.
"Partial building collapse!" paramedic one tells her.
"It's a bloodbath!" the second one says, "You better get as many nurses and doctors down here to help! A lot of wounded are going to be coming in! We have to hurry and drop off, they need us back there!"
"There's going to be that many?" Maggie asks.
"Yes! You'll be getting some Firefighters in here also! That's if they can get out" paramedic number one says.
"What?" Shaylynn says, "What Firehouses?" she asks.
"Firehouse 18 and 51" paramedic number two tells her.
"What's the address?" Shaylynn asks the paramedics.
Maggie starts shaking her head 'no', but the paramedics don't see her, "190 West Adams Street" paramedic number one tells her.
Shaylynn looks at Maggie, "I have to go!" Shaylynn says rushing out the ED doors.

Arriving at the address she was given, Shaylynn sees the big black truck and rushes over to it.
Opening the back doors, she looks in to see the four guys standing there.
"Shaylynn? Why are you here?" Butch asks her.
"I was at Med when injured from here started comin in! What's going on?" she asks him.
"Several bombs went off on the top floors making them fall onto the floors below. With the weight, those fell a few more floors after the Fire Crews went in to rescue people. Gunshots have been heard coming from the inside, that's why we're here!" he tells her.
Shaylynn starts climbing up into the truck, "Stop! What do you think you're doing?" Rob asks her.
"I'm going in with you!" she tells him.
Butch jumps down out of the truck, "The hell if you are! You just had major surgery not to long ago, plus you don't work with us any more! Remember?! So there's no suit for you!"
Shaylynn gives him a dirty look as the rest of the guys jump down out of the truck, Dave closing and locking the doors behind him.
"Let's go!" Butch tells the others.
The guys head toward the building, disappearing behind the doors as they enter.
Shaylynn is furious!
I'll be damned if I don't do anything! She thinks to herself as she walks over to her SUV.
She lifts the hatch, pulls up the carpet in the back to reveal a door. Taking her keys, she unlocks the door, lifts it up, and grabs her sniper rifle from the compartment.
Locking everything back up, she walks over to the building across the street from where Butch and the other guys entered.
Looking at the sign, she sees it's a Marriott.
Walking inside, everyone starts to panic when they see her with her rifle, "CALM DOWN! I'M WITH THE ATF!" she yells out as the manager walks up to her.
"I need access to the right side of the hotel! Everyone who's in the rooms facing Adams Street needs to evacuate so I can assist with what's happening across the street!" she tells the manager.
"On it!" the manager tells her.
Making her way up to the fifth floor, people walk past Shaylynn with worried looks on their faces.
Shaylynn walks down the hallway. Walking into the first room, she walks over to the windows, looks out to see the location is perfect.
Putting her rifle down on the bed, she walks over to the chair that's by the desk and takes it over to the windows. Walking back over to the bed to pick up her rifle, she quickly walks back over to the window, sits down, and gets into position.
Looking through her scope, she surveys the building across the street. Hurrying, she puts her ear piece in that she grabbed out of the truck while she was talking to Butch that way she can hear everything they talk about. As soon as she puts it in, she instantly hears talking.