Chapter 29 "No Reason To Be Sorry"

The next day, Shaylynn's back at the hospital bright and early.
Again the nurses put her into a private room with Shannara.
She won't be discharged until later in the day, about around the same time she was born. That way it will be a full 48 hours.

Later on in the day around lunch time, Antonio shows up at the hospital.
"Mind if I come in?" he asks poking his head into the room.
"Not at all!" Shaylynn tells him.
He walks in and sees that there's a nurse in there also, "Shannara has to go and have tests done before she can leave. With what she's been through, the doctor wants to start now so she can leave on time" Shaylynn tells him as the nurse pushes out the bassinet.
The door closes behind her, Antonio looks back at Shaylynn.
"Can we talk?" Antonio asks her.
"Sure," she says sitting down.
"By the way you're acting and what you have said, Shannara will be going home with you," Antonio says.
"Yes! I'm keeping her! Jessica intrusted me to take care of her baby so that's what I'm going to do!" Shaylynn tells him.
Antonio looks down at the floor, "Shaylynn, I did a lot of thinking last night. I have kids that are almost grown. I'm not looking to raise anymore" he tells her.
Shaylynn glares at him, "I never asked you to help raise Shannara, now have I?" she says in a pissed off tone, "Antonio, if this is your way of saying you and I are over, that's fine! There was never a you and me to begin with! I don't want ANYONE in her life that doesn't want to be there!"
"Shaylynn, I'm sorry!" Antonio says to her.
"There's no reason to be sorry! I'm just glad I found out all of this before I made a huge mistake and actually got involved with you!" she tells him, "It would be best if you leave!"
Antonio turns around and opens the door, "Shaylynn..." he says.
"Please leave!" she tells him.
Antonio walks out the door, closing it behind him.
Shaylynn sits down in the chair and rubs her temples. She then gets into her bag and pulls out her phone making several calls.
While waiting for Shannara to return, Shaylynn receives a text message.

Severide: The guys and I were going to stop by around 7:00. If you leave the hospital before then, please let me know.

Later that day, Hank, Sam, Butch, and Rob show up at the hospital.
They all walk into the room Shaylynn and Shannara are in.
"If we're taking you home, why are Butch and Rob here?" Hank asks Shaylynn.
"They're taking care of my car. I need to get something else since I have Shannara now" Shaylynn tells him.
"You're getting rid of your car?" Rob says all excited.
"No! I'll buy something else!" Shaylynn tells him with a smile.
She puts Shannara in her car seat, "Were you able to get her nursery together?" Sam asks Shaylynn.
"No. I bought the furniture but wasn't able to put it together in time. I do have a bassinet for the time being" Shaylynn says, "What time is it?
"Five o'clock" Butch tells her.
Shaylynn takes a picture of Shannara in her car seat, then starts typing, "What are you doing?" Sam asks her.
"Kelly texted me earlier and said he and the guys were coming around seven and if we left before then to let him know," she tells Sam.
Sam looks at Hank and smiles.

Severide's phone makes a noise. He pulls it out of his pocket, looks at it and sees it's a text message from Shaylynn.

Shaylynn: Remember, you wanted me to let you know if we left before 7:00. We're on our way home.

 We're on our way home

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।
From Fire Comes Life (Born Of Fire) Ruling Chicago #2 (Chicago Fire)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें