5. Failure

Asgardian fruits may be one of the most delicious things Aurora has ever tasted; She is sure that Ophelia would have loved them. The breakfast was a gift from the gods while the preparation felt like hell. Firstly, Frigga had to promise to keep Aurora's beloved green leather jacket and boots for her, then the human begged for permission to get her iPod back. After a short demonstration to prove that the device wasn't a weapon, she was allowed to keep it when the interrogation would be over.

Then, after the bath, she was forced into an asgardian garment, an eye-catching green dress with a skirt that went from her knees down to her feet along with silver pads placed on her small shoulders. Instead of her boots, she's now wearing black sandals with long silver knee pads, creating the impression that she's an Asgardian if you ignore her hair. It is really untypical, especially for Asgardian women, to have short hair. The wound on her arm got properly medicated and the pain is almost gone, the healers are really advanced.

"I- I miss my jeans and leather jacket." She mumbles on her way to the hall, feeling extremely uncomfortable in her outfit. It's not her kind of style, the dress is way too inconvenient for, like, every possible situation.

"You must look appropriate for a gathering with the Allfather of the nine realms and King of Asgard." Frigga insists with a firm voice, the intruder trails behind her. "And it's a lady's duty."

"Odin didn't really seem to be eager to see me." Aurora remembers their last and first encounter very well. "Which is just an understatement, by the way."

"It could have resulted worse. With a death penalty, for example."

"That really cheers me up." She presses her lips to a thin line together, Loki's background story still lingering in her mind. "So Loki's your son?"

"Even though his ancestry is quite different and we do not share the same blood, he is indeed still my son." The Queen clarifies and reveals the truth to Aurora, enlightening her. He's adopted? "Has he told you? It is oddly unreckoned that he even requests for conversation, considering his terrible mood."

"No, I, uh, basically, it's complicated. I asked him a personal question, he threatened and insulted me, I asked him a more personal question, he snapped and revealed he's from Jotunheim... Wait, it's not that complicated actually." The prisoner splutters and Frigga turns around, lifting a brow.

"You must be loathed by him. I'm not certain to remember what happened to the last person that caused his impatience." The Queen continues her walk through the huge corridor again.

"Oh, I'm not scared of him. Sure, he can be intimidating if he wants, and a dick too but I've seen worse on my journeys. He's more impulsive and emotional than terrifying if you ask me." Aurora states with a thoughtful expression on her face, the mystery about the fallen prince exciting her. Somehow, she recognizes a familiar loneliness in him like in Ophelia, she can't explain it.

"Interesting." Frigga comments with a little smirk. It is the first time that someone doesn't see her son immediately as a monster and that gives her a new hope for her son, this girl is extraordinary. Before they enter the hall, Aurora sucks in a deep breath. Her destiny relies now on the words that will leave her mind, if she isn't convincing then she may stay in the dungeon or worse. I can't fail, for Ophelia's sake.

The double door gets opened by the guards and the steps of the two women echo through the hall. It's not as impressive as the throne room, which is currently being repaired, but it still takes Aurora's breath away. The room is drowned in pure gold and aesthetic pillars, a divine architecture coating the place.