8. Risky Alliance

"What a big, blonde mountain..." Aurora only mutters whilst staring at the God of Thunder, her eyes widened at the mighty Avenger. Thor only grabs a Kree by his neck, throwing him against the wall with a simple toss, yet the smirk on his lips remains at her astonishment. Who is this big guy?

"My apologies, I've not introduced myself yet. My name is Thor, son of Odin, God of Thunder and the Prince of Asgard." A bragging and proud tone vibrates his voice as he continues the battle. Aurora's eyes widen even more and now she indeed agrees that this guy must be a god. Turning to Loki, who is outside of the battle, she keeps switching her glance between him and his blonde brother.

"And you couldn't figure out sooner that you two aren't related?!" She just yells at him which only makes Loki's temper worse.

Since Thor's appearance, his mood already has drastically sunk and he casually takes a step aside to avoid the flying Kree towards him, defeated by Volstagg. And the way that Aurora is impressed by his oaf of brother annoys him even more, making it somewhat worse. Before he has the chance though to answer more than with a glare, a shout interrupts him.

"Loki of Asgard!" The Kree warrior recognizes Asgard's traitor and the tension only spreads through Loki's skin, a hint of fear crossing his emerald eyes. Not the fear of the Kree, no, the fear of returning to Thanos. He promised the mighty enemy the cube and broke it. "You have an unsettled invoice with the Other! Get him as well!"

"Wait, what?! You angered them too??" Aurora glances at him in disbelief and it suddenly clicks in her mind. That is why, Odin freaked out and was enraged when he found out that she had troubles with the Kree, he wanted to protect Loki in some way.

"Now is not the time for talk! You two need to flee, we shall fight them." Thor grabs Aurora's arm and fights his way through to Loki before pushing her towards him, her back collides roughly with Loki's chest. "Get her to safety! And don't you dare to kill her or get her killed or I'll return the favor."

Aurora is overstrained with the whole situation, especially now that she actually touches Loki, the golden wall no longer separates them. Looking up to him, he's appearing much taller, at least a head, and the air around him seems colder than usual, as if she was touching the winter. The physical contact feels weird and personal, his chest is firm and his gaze at her is much more intense than through the force field. Her breath is flat and she swallows. How come he looks so much more powerful now? Maybe because he threatened to kill me at least twice.

"Where's your faith in me, brother?" He breaks the eye contact and his silver tongue emphasizes the last word, a mischievous grin is plastered on his lips.

Thor is well prepared though and takes out the shackles that make Loki's sorcerer skills dysfunctional, chaining them around his brother's wrists. He then quickly shackles Aurora's left hand with one of the handcuffs while the other one is connected to Loki's shackles. "Just in case you break your promise. I'm sorry, it applies to you too, Lady Aurora."

"What?!" The auburn-haired girl stares at the God of Thunder, her eyes wander from Loki to the handcuffs to Thor. The connection makes it impossible for her to fight or for Loki to abandon her.

"This must be a terrible joke." Loki hisses with contempt and Thor shoves them both towards the exit before he helps the Asgardians with the fight.

"It's not! Now leave!" He yells and throws Mjölnir through the Kree army, covering their back, so they can escape. Aurora doesn't hesitate and starts running, yet something heavy holds her back when she leaves the dungeons which almost makes her trip over her own feet.

"What are you doing?? We have to run!" She groans and keeps pulling at the handcuffs to make Loki move.

"This is the wrong direction." He simply and calmly states, his tone pissed.