9. The War Criminal

Another missile almost hits them as they run towards the shooter, dodging every shot that threatens them. Loki is pretty much convinced that he will regret this plan, it's dumb and way too risky, yet he runs along with Aurora. He's surprised how fast she can run, even faster than him. Finally reaching the Kree soldier, they circle around him, Aurora on the right and Loki on the left, using the shackles that connect them to drag him down by the throat.

The Kree lands on the ground, gargling and gasping for air. Aurora takes his rifle with a grin, looking proudly at Loki. "We've got the rifle, whoo-hoo!"

"As much as your joy pleasures me, would you now kindly destroy the shackles." He sends a sarcastic and forced smile and Aurora shrugs.

"If you tell me why you have them, then maybe I'll do it. These shackles are the safeguarding for our alliance, my former prince." Her smirk widens, she just enjoys the feeling of freedom too much at the moment. "Besides, we work together greatly with them, look at the defeated Kree on the ground!"

"I'm not defeated, especially not by a woman!" The enemy glares and is about to stand up. His plan leads to a failure though when the auburn-haired girl pays attention to the last part.

"What?" Aurora raises a brow in the air, her eyes forming a glare. Loki has never heard her voice so sharp like a knife as she punches the Kree unconscious with a single and precise blow. The nasty crack of the Kree's nose makes him frown in astonishment, not expecting this strength from the small woman. "What a damn sexist pig. I thought he'd be at least a feminist considering he worships his Mistress."

Loki clears his throat, slightly impressed by her strength. "I did not expect you to be a warrior."

"Trust me, I didn't expect it either when I found out that I have these combat skills." She laughs and turns to him, "Now tell me why you have these odd shackles."

"They undo my sorcery." He just says, thinking she won't believe him anyway. Why should she? Aurora doesn't know this world nor does she trust him, she probably suspects that he's lying.

"Magic?" The woman tilts her head, he nods confirming. Her eyes slowly widen as her lips grow into the most impressed smile he has ever seen. "What?! How awesome is that?! You're a magician, a sorcerer, holy crap! God, this is just brilliant, I'd love to see your skills...", her enthusiasm ceases and she sighs, "... but I have to be responsible and smart. I wanna see them next time though! Promise me you'll show me them one day!"

"I'll promise no such thing." He huffs, ignoring the soft moment that just arose shortly. How foolish to be touched just because someone actually admires his skills.

The next troop of Krees run towards them and Aurora loads the rifle before she winks, Loki carefully watches her movements. Her eye is solely focused on the aim, her arms seem to be used to bearing such a heavy weapon since they are steady and she knows how to use it. In the moment she fires, the God of Mischief is absolutely certain that she must have grown up as a warrior or soldier.

"Where to now?" The stranger asks him and he motions to the palace.

"As much as I despise the idea, I'm certain that Odin's able to end this barbaric attack." Loki groans and they start running towards the royal palace on the golden alley. "I know a secret way into the chambers, it shall be safe."

Aurora chuckles lightly. "How ironic that we now work together, even though you threatened me at least twice."

"If your desire is death, then I seek to fulfill it." He only responds coldly, shaking off her kindness.

"I don't think you would do it. At least not now." She assumes and follows him to a side street where it's further away from the battle between the Kree and Asgardians. "The reason is Thor."