| End of Everything |

Four years later

"I can't believe that my sister is getting engaged and I won't even be there to congratulate her and the lucky bastard. Why didn't you tell me about your plan sooner?!" Peter Quill's voice runs loudly through Aurora's earpiece and she hushes him to be quieter as she walks through the market of Xandar.

"Okay, first off, I haven't even proposed yet because I can't find a god damn ring and second off, be quieter because you're hurting my ears, Peter!" Aurora groans, scrunching up her face. "I haven't told you until now because I came up with this idea pretty spontaneously... like yesterday spontaneous. We were hunted by some hit men because, yes, Loki had to piss off some people as always. And in the moment when a knife flew right through a clone of his, which I didn't know at the time, I realized that I want to spend the rest of my life with him."

"Why doesn't this even surprise me?" Peter's sigh doesn't go unnoticed while a seller shows Aurora several rings. "And why do you propose then– Groot, can you put that down, please? Rocket just built it... What did you just call me?!"

"I miss baby Groot. He was nicer." Aurora chuckles when she hears Groot's famous words in the background. Her eyes wander through the jewelry, not really content with any ring yet. "And I propose because I want it. Screw gender roles. I mean, we've been together for over three years now, it's not too soon, right?"

"Nope, even though you had your ups and downs. A lot of them. A whole lot, you guys fight too much or not at all." His last sentence sounds more than unnecessary in Aurora's ears.

"Not helping, brother." She rolls her eyes and keeps looking for a perfect ring. "By the way, how are you and Gamora?"

"Nice, really nice, she's soooo into me." His tone is almost bragging and Aurora snorts. By now, she has come to the realization that her brother is an arrogant dork but she loves him still.

"I don't doubt that but it's Gamora we're talking about, she's not really exactly the PDA type. But well, I wish you good luck, I'm glad that you're all well– "

"Hey, here's the real Captain of the ship!" Rocket's voice is suddenly on the line and Aurora can hear Peter's muffled shouts in the background. She can only imagine how the raccoon covers her brother's mouth. "Yo, Rora, why didn't you tell me first, your best bud? I didn't know you'd sail the ship!"

"I missed you too, Rocket." She chuckles slightly, shaking her head. Out of all the Guardians, she likes Peter and Rocket the most. "Where are you guys right now?"

"Literally, 1470 clicks away from you. We'd never make it in time to Xandar, but we'll for sure show up at the party. By the way, thanks for sending the spacesuits, you even added a stable protection layer. How did ya do this?"

She feels truly honored by his compliment. "Oh, that was easy! I changed your setting of the sequences, so the molecules would be tighter and firm. Then I used the basics of a force field and combined both and voila– protection layer done! But it uses up a lot of energy, so don't use it too often and charge it."

"Awesome. And how much does it endure? You think it could help against a bomb?" Rocket loves to talk about engineering with her, she's the only one who understands him.

"I haven't tried it out yet, it's still in the test phase. But feel free to work on it, I'm sure that if someone can find out, it's you... Oh, my God! Found it! The perfect ring!" Her sudden yell surprises the raccoon and Aurora beams with happiness. "Okay, gotta hang up, say hi to the others from me!"

"Good luck, Rora." He nods before they hang up and Aurora quickly talks to the seller. The golden ring is more than perfect, it is eye-catching, big and contains an emerald gem in the center. Perfect for a conceited drama queen like Loki who would definitely brag about this. He is more than just difficult to keep up with, it's been a hell of a ride, but Aurora is more than certain that she wants this, a future with him. He is worth it and she loves him more than anything in this universe.