36. Half Brother

The ride to Ego's planet is shorter than Aurora expected. Then again, it's most likely due to her flying skills. The auburn-haired pilot's grip around the steering wheel tightens as the navigation system alerts her that they'll almost arrive, getting closer and closer to her biological father. There's not a lot that exits in the universe which could frighten her. She loves danger, it means adventure to her. But Ego's something entirely else.

"I can sense ya fear, 'Rora." Yondu notices with an almost concerned voice which he hides as usual. The two of them are alone in the cockpit since the Ravager sent Kraglin, Loki, Rocket and Groot out. They were fighting too loud to his annoyance.

"I know that you taught me to never have fear, that I should have fun instead and the anxiety would then disappear automatically..." She mutters, remembering how she has always overcome her worries. The key is to have fun.

"No, it's good this time. You should have fear." He shakes his head and pats her shoulder, standing right behind her. "So about you and that Asgardian ..."

"He's actually a— never mind." Aurora decides to tell him the truth about Loki's species later and a little grin appears on her lips. "What is with him? Do you want to act like a dad now and give him a certain lecture?"

"Well, gotta watch out for ya. I never minded your past relations with any boy or girl but this time seems to be pretty serious." Yondu shrugs and Aurora confirms it with a nod.

"It is. Don't worry, dad. I trust him with my whole heart."

"You haven't called me that in forever." The Ravager notes with a slightly, barely unnoticeable softer voice.

"We've got a lot of time to catch up." Aurora smiles at him with sincerity. "I'm just glad that I know now why you always sometimes disappeared for months. I mean, you had to raise two kids separately. And you didn't let us grow up together, so we would never find out the truth."

"You were always the smart one." He smirks proudly until the familiar red planet appears, both stare with intensity at Ego. The fire orange planet is surrounded by a beautiful turquoise mist, Aurora cannot imagine how a pretty planet like that can be such monstrous. Yondu presses the button to activate the communication system and announces their arrival. "We arrived! Move your asses up here!"

The little crew goes upstairs soon, Aurora stands up to let Kraglin have the command over the ship and walks to Loki. "Hope you didn't kill Rocket."

"I would do the realms a favor if I killed this hideous raccoon." Loki mumbles in anger, yet Rocket catches his words.

"Don't call me raccoon, you pale piece of trash!" He pulls out his gun and Aurora immediately steps between them, so the raccoon doesn't even have the chance to pull the trigger. Little Groot gasps and tries to stop his friend too.

"Wow, stop! We don't have the time to shoot each other dead, or generally, we shouldn't do that!" She groans at the immature behavior of both, as she glances at Loki. "Stop being an asshole for once and just try to be nice! We protect and respect each other on my ship!"

"Ha, pathetic that you let a — "

"If you're gonna say a woman now, I'll rip off your fur!" Aurora cuts off Rocket energetically, her voice immediately lowering. "Sorry, that was mean, I'd never do this, that'd be horrible, oh, my god. Just imagine that, it'd be really gross and... maybe we should just get going."

"Kraglin, you stay here and wait for a sign, we'll leave with the craft." Yondu commands and motions Loki, Rocket, Groot and Aurora to follow him. The little tree pulls at Aurora's pants and she kneels down with a gentle smile.