11. Sentence

"Okay, motor check, protective shield activated, engine...", a loud puff cackles and Aurora clenches her teeth, cringing at the promise that absolutely everything will go wrong but she nonetheless starts her ship, "...almost works, but well, better then nothing. Safety— Ophelia, put your seatbelt on!"

The slave girl does as Aurora says and the ship gets hit by a missile, trembling horridly and Ophelia glances at her new friend and helper. "Miss Aurora, I don't know if this is a good idea... I'm not worth the trouble and I don't want to put your life at risk."

"Do you know how to copilot? I know that even Kree slaves get educated and trained." Aurora only urges and the blue girl nods, following the order and grabbing the second steering wheel.

"Miss Aurora- "

"No, Ophelia. Wait, do you even like the name? If not, you can change it." She offers and the former slave nods. 0371 would have accepted every name. Aurora starts flying off, ignoring the angered Kree folk and Fortuna's furious scream to stop them. "Okay, good. Ophelia, don't ever doubt yourself. You're just as much worth as I am, alright? I saved you because I wanted to let you live. I won't force you to stay with me but you are allowed to if you want. If not, just tell me your destination and I'll get you there."

"Anywhere?" Her dark eyes sparkle for the first time.

"Anywhere." She smirks, typing in some coordinates. "We are gonna visit the stars, dear Ophelia. Seeing worlds where you can walk on clouds and planets that haven't been discovered yet. We're going on an adventure."

The thought not only comforts the young girl but also makes her actually look forward to something. And even though she barely knows the traveller, she somehow trusts her. Maybe it's the sincere smile. "I would like to stay with you, Miss Aurora."

A bright smile grows on Aurora's lips and she laughs genuinely. Sometimes the loneliness terrifies her and then the fact that she is stuck in a mind without memories drives her crazy, but now she has some company. Now everything will be alright. "Great! Rule number one on this ship: we respect and protect each other, no matter what."

"Understood." Ophelia nods eagerly, happy about the name she carries now because she's received the name on the day she's got her freedom as well.

"For now, you can sleep since we are a bit ahead of them. I'm sure that you're exhausted. Get some rest, you deserve it."

"Dear lord, your body is marked by war and battles." Lady Eir, Asgard's greatest healer, is astonished by Aurora's scars and bruises that flaw her skin. Odin commanded her to take care of Aurora's wounds and prepare her for her sentence. The auburn-haired girl says nothing, her face blank and she appears like a lifeless doll. "How did you get them?"

"I don't remember..." Her answer is barely a whisper. Ophelia died just five hours ago and the little girl's devastating scream still chills her to the bone, her eyelids feel as heavy as her heart. Lady Eir notices the sorrow in Aurora's eyes and remembers how bubbly and alive this girl was when she healed her arm. Grief has consumed her life.

"Well, at least the electric pin did not leave any damages. You are quite tough." The healer says, being one of the few that are actually kind to Aurora. Lady Eir gives her the black and lumped shirt back and the patient puts it on, slowly and exhaustedly. She still feels like passing out.

They get interrupted by a knock and in the next moment, the Queen of Asgard steps in. Her strawberry-blonde hair flows smoothly down her back as her blue silk dress trails on the ground behind her, the Asgardian's beauty is exquisitely unique. The healer curtseys and is greeted with a firm nod before Frigga glances at Aurora. She carries in her hand the green leather jacket. "Lady Eir, would you mind giving me a moment with Lady Aurora?"