Personal Protector

Since Loki and Aurora became friends, the auburn-haired girl has noticed that the Prince of Asgard has days where he's particularly in a bad mood, mostly caused by the palace guards. The glances they gave him are always hostile, which the God of Mischief obviously enjoys. What he doesn't enjoy though, is the judging look, or worse– disappointment. The Asgardians saw him growing up and to see what Odin's second son has become simply disappoints them. And this is something that always increases Loki's temper.

"Can you please, pretty please, read something to me? It's so boring and I have nothing to do and you just won't talk to me." Aurora is begging through the golden force field that separates them and she, once again, curses this damn wall. Without it, she could easily borrow one of his books and entertain herself.

"I'm not in the mood for conversation or reading aloud, Aurora." He replies, his emerald eyes attached to the words on the book page. Though he would definitely take advantage of her desperate state. "Oh, this part happens to be very interesting."

"Are you kidding me?! Asshole!" She yells in indignation, throwing herself on her bed. Whilst doing so, Aurora couldn't catch Loki's smirk at her, he's clearly amused by her utter frustration. To be quite honest, he barely focuses on the book's content, rather on Aurora's reaction.

"With this immature attitude, I will definitely stick with no." Loki declares coldly to annoy her and she gasps.

"I thought we were friends!" Aurora whines into her pillow and the term still bothers Loki.

"So, you're only using me to your benefit? You are a cruel woman, truly." The God of Mischief fakes a shocked expression which makes the auburn-haired girl only more frustrated.

"Stop twisting my words, you really are a terror!" She groans into the pillow one more time but looks up when both of them hear approaching footsteps. Two guards from the distance walk towards them with trays of food and only now, Aurora is aware that it's probably evening due to dinner being now. Sir Tyr, the guard that she sees the most, brings her her tray. It's, as usual, bread, cheese and water.

"Good evening, Lady Aurora. Here is your dinner." He deactivates a little spot of the force field to push in the tray and there's anything but excitement in Aurora's face.

"Thank you, Tyr..." She mumbles with disappointment and the Asgardian leaves her with a polite nod. As Aurora sighs, she grabs the tray and sits down on her bed, her dinner placed next to her. She glances over to Loki to sneak a look at his food. Of course, it is varied in all different kinds of meals and goods but this time, it's not the food that gets Aurora's attention. It's the guard.

"I hope you'll enjoy your dinner as much you enjoyed causing all the chaos and destruction." The guard basically spits his words in Loki's face as he roughly shoves it into his cell, not hesitating to close the force field immediately. Aurora hasn't realized until now that it's never the same guard or servant who brings Loki food, it's always someone else. They don't trust him. Of course, they don't, that's probably smart but there's something in Loki's eyes that makes Aurora feel bad for him.

"And I hope you'll enjoy your night shift, Balli. I heard that accidents happen a lot around this time." It's Loki's self-defense mechanism, Aurora knows that, he always hides his feelings.

"Threatening me now, huh?" The Asgardian scoffs dryly, glaring at the prince. "Look what you've become. A monster. You bring us nothing but shame. Oh, not so chatty anymore now, Prince Loki? Thought so– "

"HEY!" Aurora now yells energetically, interrupting them before Loki can process anything, let alone let his facade break. The two men stare in her direction now and she gets up, stomping angrily towards the force field. Loki is important to her and she protects the people she cares about. With narrowed eyes, the auburn-haired girl stares at the Asgardian while Loki's eyes are on her, slightly widened.

What are you doing now, Aurora? He silently questions.

"First off, he is not a monster, you bloody jerk! Second off, playing the damn shame card, seriously?! That's low, even for a guard named Balli!" She is definitely outraged, that much is clear. Since she heard Loki's story, she has become a bit protective of him, understanding his character much better. The guard frowns deeply at such an inappropriate reaction, especially from a lady.

"With all due respect, my lady, this matter doesn't concern you– "

"Well, guess what?! It does now!" Aurora frankly cuts him off, not caring about his now shocked face. "Because he's my friend and I don't know if you have any, but friends defend and protect each other! I expected more from a guard, for real though! And also, with all due respect– you can shove your respect far up your ass!"

Loki almost snorts, yet he can hold this back unlike the genuine grin that slips onto his face. Meanwhile Balli's mouth is wide open in astonishment, staring at the auburn-haired girl with widened eyes. As he recovers from his shock, the guard swallows and clears his throat. "You've all gone mad."

He leaves hastily with fast steps and Loki's smirk still remains, now looking with pride at Aurora who releases a sigh. "What an ass. If this ever happens again, I swear I'll officially become your personal protector."

The God of Mischief's grin turns into a soft smile and his heart gets heavier and heavier in his chest. You really are an angel, little one. "Maybe, I'll read to you one day."

"What?! Really??" Her head shoots up, glancing at him with high expectation and he shrugs casually.

"One day." It sounds like a promise.

"Yay!" She squeals and sends him such a bright smile that makes Loki want to read her every book that this world has to offer.

A/N- This takes place while they were still imprisoned :') I missed them so much, they were so pure as friends too and I had to write that