42. Safe and Sound

"Go away, you useless slave! The punishment will await you." The Mistress Fortuna commands with an angry huff, annoyed by the no-good boy in front of her. The little slave didn't manage to prepare the dress in the way she wanted it, now the death sentence will fall upon him. The Kree sovereign couldn't care less when the boy starts to cry, aware of his destiny and she rolls her eyes. "Will you stop crying now or do you desire a painful and slow death?"

"I-I'm sorry, Mistress, please, I ask for forgiveness." Slave 0371 begs for mercy, falling to his knees and tears coating his blue skin. The Mistress only cackles coldly.

"Forgiving a slave? The chance that the sun'll eat our planet tomorrow is higher than you earning salvation! You know what happened to the last 0371? The same will happen to you." Her eyes are focused at him and form a deadly glare. "Now leave or I'll– "

A sudden loud noise interrupts the ruler of the planet, dozens of steps echoe from a little distance. A frown is left on Fortuna's face and she motions her guards with a simple hand wave to be prepared for an attack but this miserably fails. In the next seconds, a whole army of Xandarians invade the royal palace; Loki, Aurora and Denarian Dey ahead. The Nova Corps has arrived.

"How the hell are you alive?!" Fortuna's eyes widen at Aurora's appearance and she smirks smugly.

"Don't underestimate me, because I'm a badass motherfu– "

"Mistress Fortuna." Denarian Dey clears his throat to cut Aurora off, holding back his eye roll. She's just like her brother. "Hereby we arrest you without the right of a trial for violating against the Peace Treaty between the Kree and Xandar by conducting slavery."

"What?!! No! I'm not going to let this happen I am the Mistress! You can't do this!!" Fortuna screams in anger like fiend and Dey just shrugs. The Kree are clearly outnumbered, which is why the guards immediately surrender. The little slave boy hides behind the Nova Corps, looking for safety.

"Yes, we can. The Supreme Intelligence agreed that your behavior has been more than immature lately and is only a danger for our alliance. We have the permission to do this. Guards, take her." He orders to her horror and Fortuna's face distorts in fury, turning to Aurora.

"You little bitch! You shouldn't be alive, you should be dead! DEAD!" Fortuna races towards Aurora, passing several guards to plan to choke the life out of the auburn-haired. Loki is ready to step in but as always, it is not necessary.

Aurora pulls smoothly out her quad blaster and doesn't hesitate to fire, electrifying the Mistress with a precise shot. Fortuna lands on the ground with a painful yelp, the electricity burning into her skin and she stays down. Apart from the sibilance, there's a dead silence.

"That was for Ophelia." Aurora declares loudly and lets her hand sink. Loki and Dey stare at her, not knowing what to say until Aurora herself breaks the silence. "Wow, that was fucking badass! Okay, I had my revenge, you can take her now, ha ha."

"Do as she says. Why am I even in charge?" Dey sighs tiredly as the Nova Corps take over.

"Nah, you were great too, Dey. Thanks for your help." She smiles brightly at him and pats his shoulder with pride. "What's gonna happen to all these kids now?"

"We will take care of them on Xandar, there's enough space for everyone since, you know, many died during the attack of Ronan."

"Oh, yes, my brother told me about it! What a triumph for us!" Aurora's face beams with joy and the Denarian's is shocked at her inappropriate reaction. She soon realizes how it must have looked like and shakes strongly her head. "Oh, no, no, I didn't mean the death of all these people, I meant the death of The Other and, because, uh, he is..." She points at Loki, realizing it's better if Dey doesn't find out he's the War Criminal. "Never mind."