Chapter SIXTEEN

Camellia Frost

From: Elyar 

Meet me at the garden after class. I'll be waiting.

eh? What's up with him? Is it about the kiss? Or about Amy? Amy doesn't bother me anymore, though she keeps on throwing glares at me whenever we meet. It doesn't bother me anymore. What could it be?

I ran towards the school's garden after class because I was so late! Evelyn told me to pass our paintings to our Advisor since it's my turn to do it. The school was almost empty when I started running, which is really helpful for me not to bump into anyone around here, and so I came to the garden on time. I looked around to see where Elyar was and there he is, holding a red Camellia bouquet talking to someone. Why does he want me to be here?

"I don't know where to start but.. I like you." He said as took a closer look to whom he was talking to, and to my surprise, I saw Lianna.

"C-Camellia?" Elyar said. 

"S-so.. you wanted to tell me that.. uhhhm.. you like her?" I said as I took a step closer.

"It's fine. You two look good together. Were friends after all." I knew it. I knew it from the start that he wouldn't like me.

"Camellia, it's not what you think." Lianna went to my side and grabbbed my hands.

"I know. I will still be your friend. I'm happy for the both of you." I said as I pulled my hands off of her slowly so she wouldn't misunderstand. 

I smiled and waved goodbye at them as I walked away. 

Camellia, just walk away and never ever bother them. Put up a smile and leave them be. I know it will hurt but, you'll make it through. 

When I got inside the halls again, I started running. I ran towards the gate and towards the bus stop but I won't take the bus now. I'll run from school to my house. I'll run as fast as I could. I'll admit it.. I liked him but.. he likes Lianna.. I can't hate her for liking Elyar too since she didn't know anything about my feelings. Yes, she may have said that Elyar might like me but it was impossible for him to. I know I'm not the type of girl he wants. I'm just plain old Camellia who likes to be alone. Lianna is my first friend and Elyar was the first guy that I liked. They love each other so.. 

There's no reason for me to be with them from now on. I'm used to being alone before they came into my life, so I think It'll be easy for me to stay away from them as well. 

This is for the best. All I could do now is just be happy for them.

"Camellia? Why are you panting so hard? You didn't ran from school did you?" Mom asked but I ignored her.

"I'll be in my room." I said as I walked upstairs and locked myself in my room. I threw my bag on the couch and slammed myself on my bed. 

Why? Why him Li? I know that you're beautiful and kind but, why him? I know that I don't have the right to be angry at you, but this is what I feel right now. I'm angry at you Lianna but, I don't want to stay like this forever. You're my friend, I'm supposed to support and be happy for you. 

and what was Elyar thinking? Texting me to come and see him confessing his love for Lianna. I'd rather notice it myself while we're together than witnessing the whole confession. It really really hurts. It' feels like I've been stabbed through my heart for several times. I feel like it's being taken out of my ribs and constantly stepping on it. 

It was the very first time where I cried so hard that I wished I never opened my heart for anyone to come in. I wish I didn't met Lianna and Elyar. I wish I could turn back the time and ignored meeting them. I wish I never met them. I won't be like this if I was just careful. I hate this. 

"Dinner's ready." Mom shouted as I fixed myself so they won't notice.

"Coming." I responded.

When I opened the door, I saw a tray of food on the floor in front of my door. It was my dinner. I think mom heared me crying and decided to do this.

Thanks mom. I really need some time alone right now. 

See you on the next update! :D