(Ch.2)Welcome To The Castle [Edited]

The News of the contest spread two months before I even knew from my parents. I never get the chance to go out and meet people from the villages or go see other kingdoms. Which makes the palace my own prison.

So there was no way for me to find out about this contest.

One week passed and all preparations were done to welcome the chosen heroes into our palace. I was now getting ready to go to the Grand Theater were Present Mic was going to interview them one by one.

One of my maids told another of my maids who was dressing me that the carriage had arrived. My hair was put on a bun and my make up was simple.

The Grand Theater was not very far from the castle but I was told by my father to ride it anyways.

When I arrived, I got accompanied by two guards to the backstage where my family were waiting for me.

I saw my mother getting some retouches on her makeup and my father fixing my young brother's tie.

My sisters were just playing a game with their hands to make time go faster.

However, the guys werent here so it must meant that they are probably in one of the private rooms.

Not wanting to aproach my family yet I went to see what was happening at the other side of the curtains. I opened the red luxurious curtain just a bit so no one could see me.

Nobles, and ministers along with villagers and newspaper reporters from our kingdom were waiting for the show to begin. They were anxious to meet them and ready to make their opinions on every candidate.

I still couldnt believe that this was really happening. How was I now going to get out of this?

Someone tap my shoulder and it was my brother Aiden who told me to go greet my parents.

I was not ready to talk to dad. Ive been avoiding him all week and now we were supposed to talk.

But I had to opress my feelings and go say good evening to them. As I headed over to were my parents were at my mother noticed me first and...

"Sweety where is your crown?", my mom asked

"I forgot to put it on mom", I said with a cold voice, but then my dad told one of my maids to bring me my crown.

"Don't forget to put it on next time", she said in a soft voice not noticing how uncomfortable I was.

"Dont forget to smile and feel excited when you see the candidates once the curtains open." my father said with his usual moody tone.

I got out of their sight and decided to wait in a corner of the backstage before I get to meet the heroes.

-----------------------

15 minutes later

"Ladies and Gentlemen! Thank you for joining us on this wonderful evening. Let us rise to give our respect to our sovereign King Edward and Queen Merid!", Present Mic bowed along with the rest of the audience as my parents walked to their thrones.

"And now, let us cheer for Princess [Y/N] and Prince Aiden, Following Princess Milly and Princess Nila.

I sat at my throne and heard the crowd cheer and clap for all of us. For a reason I got nervous to see all this people. They were all staring at me. I've never received a lot of attention. I must say it does feels nice having a lot of people paying attention to you, but at the same time it made me uncomfortable more than I already was..