(Ch.11) The Decision

"Listen, I decided that I'm going to play by the rules", I said

"What, what do you mean?", he looked confused

"I had a talk with my dad about how he wanted me to take this competition seriously, and I decided as the future Queen, that I will find the perfect man for me and the kingdom. I love you I really do, but I need to give everyone else a chance, as I'm given it to you. So I ask of you to not give up, and to not hate me if I get to change my feelings later on for someone else. It's for the best of the kingdom", I said it at last

Kanata took one step back, and said,"The best for the kingdom?"
"Ha, I thought love was about only caring about the person you treasured the most and not caring about what the world says about you. A love that can be unbreakable."

"Kanata?"

"So, Im Not your perfect man, is that it?"

"Kanata no you-"

" I guess my confession was not enough, you still see me as a friend I guess. But because I love you I won't give up! I'll make sure to not loose you to anybody here in this contest! I'll make your love for me be stronger than it is. I'll play by the rules as well then princess Y/N for you to finally realize that I really love you honestly", he began to walk away until I wasn't able to see him anymore.

Kanata left with tears in his eyes, and for a reason I also began to cry like I haven't had

He was my crush and my best friend, I only wanted to be with him, and nothing else. Our friendship won't be the same I know. Kanata was the only who made me feel like myself, and now I've lost it, but as the future Queen I need to look out for my kingdom to make better decisions and give a heir that will take after my steps and future dad.

I made the right decision right?

[Todoroki's POV]

I saw Y/N crying on the floor. I saw and heard everything from where I was hiding. I walked towards her where I could see her face hiding from the world, with her unstoppable sobs and tears that could be heard around the hall.

"Princess Y/N?"I called out to her but no answer, she still was sobbing loud

I kneeled to be at her level and call to her again, "Princess Y/N, it's me-"

"It is you, right?" "You really came for me right"

Suddenly the princess tackled me to the ground into a hug with me flinching the moment both of our bodies made contact with each other. The princess was hugging me pretty strong and still sobbing. I didn't know what to do, i didn't know if to return the hug or just watch her cry until she stopped.

"Why aren't you hugging me, are you still mad at me for what I said?"

My arms and hands reacted on their own to hug the princess to comfort her.
'What are you doing Shouto, this is not you!?'

Her sobs were calming down until she was totally silent.
'Did she just fell asleep on me!?'
I couldn't see her face so I wasn't sure.

"Princess?"I called to her

"........"

She didn't answer so, she did fell asleep. We only had 10 minutes left before her battle with Bakugou began. Though I don't want to wake her up, and make her remember the situation she was crying for. But its not like I can't stop it. 'Unless I also do something to her'. Wait what am I thinking!?' 'what exactly am I going to do!?'

[Your pov]

I felt my knees weak and shaking that caused me to fall to the floor. I was crying nonstop, when I heard footsteps. 'could it probably Kanata who came back again to hug me or clean my tears from my face. I dont know, anything he was the only one who could comfort me with his words of wisdom and warm embrace. He is everything to me. Please tell me it's you Kanata.'

My head was hurting the only thing I could hear was Kanata saying my name.

"It is you, right?" "You really came for me right", I said then tackling him to the ground were I was now on top of him resting my head on his chest.

He felt weird somehow, since im used to us hugging, I know how he felt, but it was probably me.

"Why aren't you hugging me, are you still mad at me for what I said?" , I was scared to see him in the eye since I thought he was still mad, but I guess not since he did return the hug in the end. His hug was different, it was like if he were telling me that he was actually sorry but it was more like if he was assuring​ me that he will be there for me no matter what. He will not abandon me. He really does love me as I love him.

After saying all that in my head, I fall asleep on top of Kanata. But then remembered that I still had to fight Bakugou.

I began to wake up and I still was on top of Kanata.

I began to open my eyes when I felt a pair of soft lips on mine. It made me open my eyes and to my surprise it wasn't Kanata but Todoroki-Kun!?

To be continued...