(Ch.27) The Ocean's Call

Many things happened today, and I was exhausted from it all. After Kanata left, I laid down in the cold bedsheets of my bed trying to fall asleep and I did but not for too long.

I woke up to the same voice and melody from 10 years ago calling my name once again.

'No shut up! I don't want to hear your voice again!' I thought as I covered my ears to ignore it. I didn't want to be controlled again by the voice.

Not when I don't know who the voice belongs to and what he or she wants from me.

I covered myself with the blankets and my pillow to minimize the calling of the voice but instead it got louder and louder saying something different this time.

"Y/n you must see...come and listen...for he is -"

"Listen to who? What do you want from me!?" I shouted hoping to get an answer

"You must come and see for yourself...follow my voice ", the voice said with my patience runing down.

It was only the murmuring voice and I in my dark room.

If the voice was going to bother me every night for the time I stayed here then the only choice was to follow her.

However, I had to go alone. If I brought someone to accompany me they'll think I'm crazy because I'm the only who can hear this voice.

I got out of bed and opened my closet to grab a black jacket and wore it on top of my nightgown. Then, I grabbed the lantern that was positioned next to my bed so I could guide myself through some of the dark hallways of the mansion as I followed the voice.

The night was silent but not my mind. The moon would cast shadows on some of the hallways and the crickets composed their melody but not as loud as the laughing guards that were drinking at this time in one of the rooms I was passing by.

Now I was going downstairs to the first floor. This was the floor where the guys were sleeping and I was hoping they were because I didnt want to get caught by any of them.

But me being not lucky all the time, I stummbled upon one of them and the voice went away.

"Prince-?"

"Shh! Dont say anything" I covered Hitoshi's mouth as I whispered to him

"Why are you awake Mr. Shinso!?"

He pulled my hand away from his mouth to answer me.

"I could ask you the same question Princess"

"Just go to your room and forget that you saw me. You got that!" I whispered to him and began walking to the entrance doors of the mansion in hopes to hear the voice again but the voice never came to whisper in my mind.

Hitoshi grabbed my arm and pulled me back. My head bumping onto his build up chest

He was holding me close, our noses almost touching.

"Mmm no I don't think so princess. Tell me if Im wrong but, where you about to go outside?"

"Let me go Mr. Shinso and do what I said", I demanded but then realized that the voice had dissapear completely.

Was it because Hitoshi appeared that the voice faded? Or was it because the voice was guiding me to him?

"Not until you answer my question princess"

"I asked you first if you forgot. So answer my question, what are you doing awake?"

"Well princess, if by any chance you havent see me sweat and felt my hard chest with your head, I was just merely working out", this guy surely knows how to use his words. That when he mentioned my head bumping onto his chest I got embarrassed.