(Ch.26) Conffesion

I stopped brushing my hair and turned my body slightly getting a better view of him.

"Shouta what are you doing here?", I asked and Shouta smiled lightly. Its been a while since he smiled like that. His smile was relaxed and breath taking.

"You didn't answer my question", I said while he got closer and closer to where I was sitting. He was now standing behind me placing his head on my shoulder. His sudden action made me flinched as it also made my heart beat somewhat fast. However, the silence was engulfing us as we just stayed in place. I could only hear his soft and calm breathing. His black long hair tickling my cheek.

"Shouta, what's wrong?" I asked looking at him throught the mirror breaking the silence as he lifted his head from my shoulder . His hands were now resting at each side of my chair his face looking down. His hair covering his face as well.

But then he got closer to my ear and whispered.

"Let's spend time together like in the old good days".

My eyes got slightly wide but I then close them. The memories of us together played on my head even the recent ones. Memories of us I'll never forget.

I opened my eyes, and Shouta was now looking at me through the mirror. My heart started to beat faster, hoping that he wouldn't hear it.

"I truly miss spending time with you", Shouta whisper once more into my ear not knowing what to say to him. I wasn't sure where this was going.

Shouta then suddenly walked away a bit from my chair allowing me to get up and stand in front of him.

"Princess there's something I need to tell you.".

"What is it Shouta?" He was worrying me now. Was it about the traitor, about me going into the ocean, or villains attacking the castle again!? What was it!?

Aizawa looked at me up and down. I was in my white nightgown. My hair loose and natural.

We were facing each other of course he was taller than me and I had to look up to make eye contact.

He placed his hand on my cheek and caress it. I blushed at his touch and my heart was beating even faster.

Is he going to kiss me this time? I'm not ready though. I'm still unsure about my feelings.

"I love you, that's what I wanted to say", Shouta said

My eyes opened wide at his confession and I couldn't say a word at all..

He then started to lean forward until the gap between our lips did not exist anymore. His lips just touched mine for a few seconds then he backed away slowly.

Why was I feeling like I wanted more than just a peck on my lips? This ain't right?

"I'm sorry I shouldn't have done it"

I was looking at the ground trying to understand what was happening.

"I should go, forget what I said", Shouta said and began to leave.

But I looked up and stopped him before he was able to open the door.

"Why is it---why is it that... every time you, Kanata or Shouto make a move on me, my heart starts to race" This time I made eye contact with him and tried not to break it.

"I can't have the three of you. I know that. As cliche as it may sound I just can't. If the feelings that I'm having are what they call 'love', then I must be messed up. Each of the guys make me feel a different way, even you. So how do I know who I truly feel 'love' for? "